how to poison build?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by dayero, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dayero

dayero Avatar

Hi,

I have been playing a few different - low level - characters, but I never really tried to dive in to the game mechanics. I am trying a character with poisoned blades now and could really use some advice.

First, what does actually trigger poison? Auto attack of course, but what about skills with multiple attacks? Double slash etc. Rapid fire for example doesn't seem to trigger on every single arrow, so just 1x poison, but multi shot seems to poison every single target it hits
    (tried that with a different char, not relevant for this build)

So are auto attacks the way to go? And if so, flurry or reckless stance?
    Is subterfuge spec worth it? How much poison does it save on lvl 80? Any other good skills in that tree when you have spec?

Blade spec doesn't really seem like a good option with daggers. And light armor spec is kinda lame with a locked deck. What are the alternatives here?

Also, is leather armor an option? or even heavy?

So many questions!! :eek:

2. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

depends on the poison you use. If you go a Damage over time, then you want charged attacks with your weapons. If you want per hit damage, you want to increase your attack speed and the like.

Shortwords and daggers have a +poison damage buff as well.

3. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

Poison applies on an attack, so an auto-attack or a skill. So yes Flurry and stances help - I prefer flurry myself but it depends on armor type obviously. Several poison types stack as well, so you really want to be applying it as much as possible. I wouldnt charge attacks, but thats me.

Subterfuge spec isint worth it just to save poison potions... Poison is relatively easy to get and make. There is some other good stuff in that spec though that can be useful.
    Level 80 poison is fine, to get more adds duration which is nice but 80 is plenty.

I cant really answer much on the spec as I dont know much how you wanna play it, but sword spec is still good with daggers. You may want to try to fins assassins blades as well, the price on them dropped a lot.

I would go bone over leather, but leather can be nice for crit damage if you are going stealthy type. Chain is good for heavy armor, but again this all depends on the play style you want.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I use dual daggers and hardened leather armor. You get +100% poison effectivness using two daggers, and since they have a naturally high crit chance you can stack weapon damage on them and your armor without having to worry much about fewer crits. So i use hardened leather with health and meteoric daggers masterworked with crit chance and i do a good ammount of damage without poison

Poison will apply on every hit including both doubleslash strikes, all 4 quad slashes, and every target hit by whirlwind/sawblade sweep.

Afaik the poison potion usage reduction from subterfuge specialization doesnt work yet.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.