How will these MMO plagues be dealt with?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Exodus2, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost Heretic

Ghost Heretic Avatar

ha .... a murder here and there .... who will miss a bot ^_^ or ... erm ... allow players to go on guard duty and bring suspects in... and once a day *in game time* players on jury or judge duty... or once a week or idk... give suspects a trial and if found guilty of boting .. off with their heads ...burn them ... hang them .. or idk... make pixy dust jem out of them :p .... *cough* perma ban .. if it was a player mistaken for a bot just let them go free *cough* with a warning to not act like a bot ... or have a silly name .. or idk :p

2. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Even better: after the botter was reported, the gm flags all his characters as targets and posts on the bounty board in every town that this guys was last seen in this and that location, he is a smuggler, murderer and thief and is sentenced to death by the state.
    Sweet.

3. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

p.s. after the bot gets killed the killer goes to collect his reward and the bot gets permabanned, and his head strapped to the doors of the castle in the capital as a warning to all would-be-botters.

I remember once upon a time on a free shard of UO..there was a guy, and he scammed a lot. Eventually he used some illegal stuff like inject and was thus sentenced to die.
    The GM put a wooden pillar in the city of Luna with a skeleton hanging from it and a plate that read the name of the guy, his crime and his sentence.

Was cool and very RPish. I wish all GMs were like this.

4. Logain

Logain Avatar

You seriously underestimate the sheer mass. During my 'active time' (in another commercial MMORPG) I was holding the record for spotting and banning 5000 bot/macro users in half a year. That's 30 per day, which doesn't sound like much, but consider that it takes a while to spot and to make sure the person is indeed violating the rules. You might be 'RPish' the first hundred times, but I don't think you'd have that much endurance past the first 10000.
    Oh and btw. amusingly enough that was on full loot open PVP servers ~coughs~ ~coughs~. It is not as easy as you make it appear.

5. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

No idea what you talking about.

I seriously doubt SotA will have so much botters.

30 a day ?Are you joking? What were you playing, some Generic-Korean-RPG that has bilions of players? Cause I can't think of an european/murican game where you can find 30 bots a day, lol.

6. Logain

Logain Avatar

If you say so. I'd already be happy with that figure, but my guesstimate is about a magnitude or three higher.

A european MMORPG that was launched around the time of Ultima Online (Release date January 1997), but a bit more 'hard-core', as in not only featuring open world, full loot PvP, but 10% stat loss as penealty as well. Three German students had written a game (and used some graphics with 'astonishing similarity' to Ultima 6 ;) Richard Garriot, you should really convince them to take a guilt pledge :p ) and the community managed to actually encourage some form of player based justice and law until the issue with bots and macros had rendered this impossible.
    But sure, whatever floats your boat. Insult away if that makes you feel any better without knowing any real figures.

Apollyon9515 and Joviex like this.
  7. Morgnes

Morgnes Avatar

1) Like LiquidSky said: Single player online, you will never see those bots doing their actual work...
    2) TemplarAssassin: Open PvP + Full loot will scare away alot of players
    3) Selectiv Multiplayer: how will it exactly work in the end in forms of chat, trading and such? As soon as you can only reach a really small fraction of players gold spamming becomes tidious and uneffective

I think when the Devs use their system right we won't see that many goldsellers, and if the botters have only half a brain we won't see em anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.