Humility

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Nov 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Ultima has been learning about virtues since Ultima IV.

Today my Hunter and Ranger first met Dark Unicorns in a Stag plains encounter and learned humility:

- Quick look into WIKI - oooh, THAT dangerous? But it´s only 1 Dark Unicorn and 2 dark unicorn foals - I just wait on a rock until a foal is alone and then strike... After a bit of patience one of the foals comes closer while the other two are far away, out of sight: I ready my bow and start with an aimed shot, folllowed by a hail of arrows (around 500 or so) that would have turned a normal horse into a porcupine. Aimed Shots, Piercing Shots, Disabling Shots, Blinding Shots, Rapid Fire Shots. Of course enhanced by having ignited weapon active with burning arrows. Practically pre-WW1 machinegun. :cool:

With all that effort, I even got it down to 1/3rd of it´s health bar despite it´s constant self-healing until my Focus Pool of 482 was completely used up...

The time advanced and it started to get dark and the Unicorm "Mom" returned and I called it a day and left.

A foal. "Grand Master Ranged Attack".

Oh - the whole event earned me +3 levels of pugilism... My character was probably clenching his fists so hard while seeing the arrows pelt of the foal that I´m now a better boxer... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

love this tale thank you for sharing. you are not alone :D i have been humbled so... many... times... in SotA :) the experience is different of course. for me a recent humbling came while fighting two ancient yellows at the same time. normally a fairly easy task for me but lose focus for just a second and the next thing i know im floating :) helps me realize that its not just the level or the equipment but also the deck building skill and the way i use it that makes me successful. a few players will reach the point where most everything is easy (what fun is that though IMHO). its the challenge of the fight that is most exciting. my main two chars are high enough that there are many things that come pretty easy. because of this i have created a char i affectionately call Mr. Mediocre and have purposely limited all trained skills to 80. helps me stay excited playing lower-powered content and i can party with newer players and not just lay waste to the mobs (which is no fun for anyone).

Beaumaris, FrostII and Adam Crow like this.
  3. Toular

Toular Avatar

All of the overland random encounters have a second wave battle that will truly humble pretty much any character under Adventurer Level 130 or so. Try a stag encounter and kill all the stags/deer. There's a fun little surprise.

Tirrag likes this.
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Where can I see my Adventurer Level? The "Blessing of Spirituality adds +4 to Adventurer Level but what does that actually do?

Stag road encounter --> 3 Lions, some young, some adult.
    Warthog encounter (already a bit more dangerous than Stags with a mix of young and adult Warthogs) --> Obsidian Boar and a Razorback Destroyer.

Yes, my Dash skill is almost as high as my ranged attack skill. Perhaps my next character is named Sir Runalot.

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Hover over the middle part in your paper doll. It will show your adventurer level if you hover over the right spot

Like a little mini game. :D

6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Tried that now and on the paper doll the cursor only transformed into a silver crescent but showed nothing. But when I hovered the cursor over my characters name under the paper doll it showed:
    Adventurer Level 70
    Producer Level 70

o.k. but what does the +4 to Adventurer Level of the Blessing of Spirituality actually do? Have me more likely to be attacked because the monsters see me as AL 74? Spirituality =masochism?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yup you found it. The whole thing is your paper doll.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It gives you a bit more health and focus and adds a tiny bit of potency to certain potions and the dread artifacts.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I personally use the dodge and focus regen devotionals.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Depends on the stag encounter; there's a few variations. Hills are different than roads or swamp roads, and even in those there are a few differences. If you see pikes of ash around, you probably don't want to kill all the stags...

Type "/loc" in the chat, it will list the scene name. Something like "Hills Stag Encounter (Lion)" or "Swamp Road Stag Encounter (Nightmare) or whatever it happens to be.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I thought there were only roads, plains and tundra encounters?

Anyway, if you get the "encounter" to chase you are somewhat off the road then it will become a plains encounter and they are generally much more difficult than road encounters.

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There's many more Roving Encounter (also known as Overland Encounters) areas.
    Desert Encounter
    Forest Road Encounter
    Plains Encounter
    Plains Road Encounter
    Snowy Mountain Road Encounter
    Snowy Tundra Encounter
    Swamp Road Encounter

Depending on the terrain cell type you are standing on, when overland creatures engage you and pull you into the scene, it then loads an associated scene. We can't see terrain cells. Also the terrain cells do not seem to match the terrain art on the overland (in possibly some or many of them). And also, some encounters bypass the terrain cell and just load a specific encounter scene. These inconsistencies just make it a bit confusing.

Barugon likes this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I may not have the names exactly correct, but off the top of my head there are: plains, hills, plains roads, forest roads, swamp roads, snowy tundra, and snowy mountains. Might be one or two I'm not remembering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.