Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I am recommending a change of QA bug hunting gift system

Discussion in 'Release 65 QA Feedback' started by Elas TheWise, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

I am recommending a change of QA bug hunting gift system in order to get more people helping as well as better data to the dev team.

Requirement change:
    Minimum of 6 hours
    No actual bug report required. (This should cut down on the any duplicate and crap posts as people try to make the quota)
    Must post in bug forums. (This post could be an actual bug or post to an already posted bug with the following: more details of a reported bug {as in increasing scope to include similarly affected items, more detail on how to reproduce the issue, detail on how you are not seeing or can get around the bug, or relating the bug to an existing bug post.})

Tester gain the following due to their hard work and time spent not playing in live:
    * 2 million Adventure xp ( a small amount given that you can gain 6 million in 6 hours with ease and have time leftover for other stuff)
    * 1 million Crafting xp (Again same as Adventure but a bit harder to get so less here)
    * 25,000 in gold coin (Again still not what they would have made in live but it helps)
    * 100 cotos

Then like the subscription service you gain the following based on the number of months of service.
    month 1 cloak + 500 cotos
    month 3 antenna + 500 cotos
    month 6 ant farm + 500 cotos
    month 9 Bug Art + 500 cotos
    month 12 bug sprayer with emote + 500 cotos
    month 15 bug table + 500 cotos
    month 18 scorpion chair + 500 cotos
    month 21 automaton bug pet + 500 cotos
    month 24 bug row lot house + 500 cotos

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LMAO, how do you propose to compensate all of us who have been here since day 1.

There used to be a system that gave out the more time and bugs you sent in, rewarding those that did more.

They canned that, so why would anyone think they would reconsider a quantity / quality based system?

Good luck thow let, I will watch to see how this goes.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

the minimum 6 hour without reports would encourage folks to just afk on QA while they are at work to get free XP and gold

the 2 mill XP would encourage new players to test although it would slingshot them straight past tier 4 stuff. I like the idea tho, perhaps find a way to jsut have the XP you aquire in QA transfer to live as well, that way you dont just get 2 million xp for logging in and afking.

A potential problem with having xp and gold carry over to live tho (assumign jsut the gold earned, not the free testing golf for logging in) would be that QA is where the biggest baddest bugs first show up, and if a bug apepars that gets you 1 million gold an hour, that would carry over to live.

I think one thign alto of folks would like on QA is just simply the ability to instantly set your skills. The idea that it could be a free testing ground for different builds would draw more people in to test builds and naturally the environment they are used in as well.

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just test and report stuff because I actually care and enjoy playing the game, and can only hope to make it better.

Some reward would be nice, but people will just find a way to exploit it for their benefit.

A long time ago I did get a reward for testing, and that was nice though.

Elas TheWise and Belladonna Rose like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think they should keep track of the experience that you earn on QA and give that experience to the same avatar on live when the release is published.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Alley Oop
    If the experience was gained through an exploit then they can simply not award it, right?

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

setting up a transfer of earned xp from qa to live would be an automated system. checking each person and making sure that none of the xp to be transferred is from an exploit, especially if they didn't bother to report it, is a lot of individual work.

Elas TheWise likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think people worry about the little things too much when the bigger things, like having to forgo any progress on your avatar in order to test on QA, limit the number of people who are willing to test.

[edit] BTW, I was talking about not transferring it for anyone if a major exploit was discovered.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Elas TheWise likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.