Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I am shocked by the character progression system

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by robatzen, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duffy

Duffy Avatar

Did I mention I hate it when people put out percentages to give their argument more merit?
    Sorry. That was mildly amusing and so I couldn't help it :D

2. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I was thinking about your post and came to the following conclusions:

I dont care too much about what system will be used.

With a level system, you can model your character testing different skills in the process and spending those points on the glyphs that suits better your gameplay. The process of leveling should be more fun.

With a "Gain on use" system, you should spend a lot of time developing a character you foresaw using only the skills that you are more interested (to make it fast). The process could be more boring but would create a stonger bond to your character skillset. When you see another player you will know he was training a certain skill actually using it and spending a lot time on the process. That will tell you a lot of things about him and that is valuable from a a multiplayer perspective.

I think it is more important the persistence and credibility for immersion purposes, and IMO that will be settled with the existance of skillcaps and the time required to modify your character skillset.

3. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

I see many people writing about skills, but in my opinion in this current system we don't have skills, just abilities.
    Each level we are granted with abilities points, nowhere I saw skills points or skills..simply active/passive abilities.

I really do hope they'll change this level/ability based system towards a skill based system at least inspired from UO.
    A sandbox game should have skills, not levels (we already have tons of WoW clones with levels, we don't need another one)
    That's of course my humble opinion.

robatzen and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.