Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I can play and everybody cares !! :)

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by StrangerDiamond, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thanks everyone in helping getting my client running !

This worked to get the patcher to auto-update on all installations on my computer. Then magic ensued ! I can even seed the patches and help everyone get them faster !

POLISH (VERY GOOD) :

I can say I like what I see now, it feels more like a old school game and the focus on breathing life instead of having fancier designs is pleasing me, since I liked old ultima graphics and still do this is a big plus for me on this release. Ok the overhead map still looks a bit clunky but its getting there and again I'm going to say my idea of having a tri-scale map in which the overhead map would be to create and administer ressource patches which could add alot of interest to hexes since we'll have to live with it.

MORE ON HEX RESSOURCE PATCHES :

Say a player town controls a region and theres lots of good quality deer in that region, then on the overhead map players could go out and make sure no brigands challenge their hold on the hexes by visiting them. They wouldn't have to physically visit them everytime to do the same repetitive actions of killing smalltime bandits or hunting deer. Say who controls the patch and hires hunters (provided they dont get killed by bandits, etc) could retrieve 30 hides a day delivered to his castle. The numbers should be small, and controling big regions should be rewarding to encourage players to animate the world.

Say the hide proves to be a little better or have a rare color and theres alot of challenges to that hex, chaos players could play the bandits in some instances but the player visiting the hex on the overhead could get an invite for pvp, if he does not feel like pvp he can hire npcs to run after the bad guys. If he feels like it he can organize a party and raid the instance, and chaos pvp players from the region would be invited to make a fair kind of match.

Of course if you dedicate your forest to deer you can't mine gold intensively in the region of course it makes too much noise... there should be limitations to the ressources on hex and this should be able to be changed ; for example tinder is more in demand and you can always reintroduce deer in your patch after regrowing it ? This would add lots of roleplay elements and make a strategic game out of the overhead map.

Chaos players could feel they can have an influence and loot ressources while not having to kill any physical player, this would greatly please everyone, some people think its impossible but its not if you have me telling you how to do it :p

If the player who owns the town and castles knows a certain group of pvp chaos players is wanting his deer, maybe he can roleplay a solution, hire them as sellswords etc...

You can get people that roleplay together with pure pvp chaos players and force them to interact, I hope you all realise how much my idea is worth because I spent so much time thinking it out in the hope of delivering it to a competent crew.

Lots of players have no love for repetitive tasks and LOVE a strategic overhead view where they can administer their lands and drink a coffee or tea :) A more relaxing aspect of the game...

GAMEPLAY AND COMBAT :

I like walking and running, the moves are smooth and starting to be what you expect of good control, in order to add roleplaying ease I would love if I could "lock in" to someone I talk to, so I can look at them if I talk or walk along with them, sometimes manual controls are a bit clumsy looking.

Same thing for combat, I have looked at several duels and people look like they're just little dolls sometimes someone makes a 180 while the other is smashing a hammer on his head, not very nice to see. People who duel and fight should have a certain lock in which is possible to escape from between hits, hits should influence how you move around. I'm not moving alot if I receive 3 sledge hammer hits in the back because I'm running out of health.

If I use an emote, any emote I crash they used to work before.

I also seem not to be able to target myself properly, I always have to click on the upper left health bar and it works only one time out of three, theres also alot of objects and doors and such that are extreemly hard to click and activate... theres nothing more frustrating than not knowing if its your mouse thats dying again or if you lagged out of your action.

GRAPHIC ASPECTS :

I like the fact I'm built and muscular, I'm supposed to be a knight after all... but the fact every NPC in town seems as built as me leaves me a bit wanting... city guards are usually more frail than knights, etc... there should be a little customisation there although I'm sure thats on the menu at some point :)

The graphics tend to be a little too shiny when I put the video settings very high, it almost looks as theres a white border to leave and other objects which really make them look ackward.

My torch is really weak, I need to be able to soak it in biodiesel or something... a torch should have a much larger light, so I can see where I'm going. I was honestly afraid to talk in owls nest at night, I could barely see 3 feet in front of me before someone told me I could already cast light even withtout reagents !

When I put graphics at FAST I feel like I have much better quality graphics ironically... the higher settings are darker and more blurry, maybe my computer dosen't take it well, its still a i7 3.4 with a good radeon... anyways I'm happy with "fast" settings for now.

Especially if I enter a dungeon, I need to put the graphics down a bit, the camera still looks like it has LOTS of trouble hanging around, it should definately protrude through walls and allow some transparency so we don't get nauseous. As it is I'm simply too claustrophobic to enter a basement or dungeon or even house sometimes... I have to go right out and I'm not enjoying myself... its a physical motion sickness.

STORY ASPECTS :

Entering owls head being told to find a tavern and it being impossible to get directions is still quite strange, I mean I'll eventually find it but its good to tell people where to head, conversation with NPCs is still quite impossible without being insulted, they are rude and condescending and I don't feel like a knight at all.

people kill animals and each other everywhere, nobody reacts or anything... in fact only one person talked to me during my whole gameplay experience... I see naked people everywhere, dancing and doing strange things but not real people doing what they should be doing... not a good ratio since I met hundreds of people.

OVERALL : if this was a polish goal, SUCCESS :) I'm getting a little fun, although combat is a big turnoff to me, I don't feel like I learned magic or adapted to my environement... I feel like I'm born again terminator... everyone looks the same and all use spells pretty much so seeing people duel around the place is kind of eerie...

smack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.