I don't get it?!

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by deadq, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadq

deadq Avatar

Ok... I'm old and slow in the head but I don't get how to craft.
    I have tons of stuff in my bag. I tried putting everything on the work table(s).
    nada.... splane please

Roger36 and Skalex like this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I keep looking for blacksmithing items. I thought they were going to make resources readily available to us. I expected to find ingots or something??? who knows.

3. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

I think what you have to do is place the EXACT amount. Follow the recipe and the craft button should light up. Start simple. Milling table + cubit measure + ONE wood

FireLotus and deadq like this.
  4. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

There are tons of resources in the chests by the public blacksmithing station in Owl's head, its also the only place where i have found resources.

You can't put everything you have on the crafting table, you need the exact ingrediences, you will then be able to press the " CRAFT " button ( Which you CAN NOT push until you have stuff on the table which can make an item )

There are quite a few crafting 'patterns' in the public thread with the R2 instructions. try some of those and you get the hang of it, but from there, its up to us players to 'Guess' all the crafting reciepes . Gonna be AMAZING :)

Hazard, deadq and Lord Baldrith like this.
  5. Campbell

Campbell Avatar

Smithing table + smithing tongs + 1 iron ore + 1 coal + ingot mold = iron ingot.

Hold down ctrl and click on raw material stack to select 1 item. Smithing table would not let me craft using the whole stack of iron ore and coal.

Roger36, deadq and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I expect it to ultimately work much like guildwars2 where you have a set of known recs to craft from but also the ability to "discover" by placing random stuff together.

7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Thanks for this info! I guess when I was trying it I had the whole stack on everything...But since the big piece of wood was only 1 piece it worked on the milling table...

sheetrock1 likes this.
  8. Campbell

Campbell Avatar

You are quite welcome sir.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  9. deadq

deadq Avatar

AHH... I was putting the whole stack of each item on the table. Just one of each item and it works! I get it now, Thanks!

10. Campbell

Campbell Avatar

Nothing worse than an old and slow gamer stumbling around the crafting shed with a confused look on his face. Us old guys gotta stick together :D

11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I remember hearing there would be some kind of recipe log, but where is it? I see a log for things that I have crafted but is there any recipe list to be found or do we have to just discover what we craft by trial and error?

Doppelganger likes this.
  12. Puniasterus

Puniasterus Avatar

@Isaiah the book appears when you press "R" I think it's like recetary or somethig similar.

13. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Wow I just made a longsword and a chair!
    Any other things I can try out??

14. Malanthius

Malanthius Avatar

FYI, Shift and click the stack and you can use a slider to select an amount from the stack. Also, if the recipe calls for 4 boards? The stack can be four. It doesn't have to be four individual boards. Slowly getting the hang of this! Yay for old guys! 49 here!

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  15. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

With the current crafting framework, recipes are exact combinations of ingredients. One extra ingredient and the recipe is invalid.

16. monxter

monxter Avatar

Woohoo I've figured out some recipes in each, now at total of 40 in my book, + I know probably a couple but ran out of mats. This is actually fun :p

17. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Log out then back in, chest get replenished.

18. Wren Sharpbeak

Wren Sharpbeak Avatar

I find the crafting tedious and unrealistic. In real life, if I want to make a shirt, I buy a pattern that tells me exactly how much fabric, and what items (buttons, zippers, etc.) I need. If I want to build a bookcase, there are plans that tell me the sizes and quantities of boards I need and how to attach them together. This "put things on the table until the button works" approach is ridiculous.

Now, once I reach a certain familiarity with sewing, I eventually develop the skill to create my own patterns. Likewise, if I build enough bookcases, I learn to draw up my own plans. It would be wonderful to have that ability to the game along WITH some guides to get things started.

Please, for the love of sensibility, don't put into the final game like this. =/

Caliya [ab] and deadq like this.
  19. Mbando

Mbando Avatar

I must be challenged--I've spent 3 fruitless hours and can't figure out any recipes beyond ingots. I'm trying to make iron bars, for example. Pretty sure there's a mold involved, and I've tried both BS hammer and tongs, with 1/2/3/4/5 ingots, no joy.

20. djshire

djshire Avatar

There's a bar mold in with all the other molds, and its the same as ingots, but 4 ore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.