Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I dont want to lose what i paid for !

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Gurney2, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Amen to that....

Bluefire likes this.
  2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

They need to lose durability or else too many exploits possible with those. You can still wear them though.

3. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Don't forget to mention the Expert crafting stations you all got are useless, thy haven't worn out there just nerfed to crap. basically just eye candy now

Bluefire likes this.
  4. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

I'll bite. What could be exploitable about an item not losing durability? Help me wrap my head around your statement, please. :)

Like I said, though - I'm happy with needing to perform upkeep on pledge items, just not with max durability decreasing.

5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

The armor is already incredible powerful as it cannot be stolen or looted from your body in PVP. PVE wise it would be fine I guess, if the other armor is just more powerful.

Item not losing durability at all can be abused for afk leveling skillgains etc. e.g...

You can always maintain it with COTOs so I don't see where the problem is. I think its a bad idea to make it even more powerful by never losing max dura.

6. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

I think it makes sense to have it lose durability and require repair. I do not agree at all with max durability decay for these items. They are rewards for spending hundreds of dollars supporting the game, not in game drops or crafted items.

The items are considered starter items. Except for providing light most of the items are on par with what npc vendors currently provide for a few hundred gold.

The problem is it decays in less than a week of real use and then you need to spend real money to repair a reward item. Oh, sure I could wait until I luck into a COTO drop but by the time I have enough of them I'll probably be months down the road.

I have no affinity for the current decay system at all. Max durability should not be affected on any item until repaired (a point or three based on durability at repair time) or from neglect (continuing to use after durability is at zero). As it stands right now it's a reason to never buy crafted gear at all.

I'm not seeing an exploit.
    exploit: ... take advantage of a flaw in a computer system, typically for malicious purposes. I see no flaw in a pledge reward item lasting forever. There was this constantly referred to concept of "rares" which was what these items and the hats were supposed to be. Technically they'll be more rare as they all break.... but I don't believe for one moment that was the intent.

If we go with the original non-computer oriented definition then I am the one being taken advantage of because I am not being able to exploit my paid for reward: "make full use of and derive benefit from." A week of use for a cloak and a few days for a sword that have built-in light? That's my reward for investing into the game? No thanks.

PVP is so broken right now I cannot offer a suggestion other than stop the looting of player gear. Sure body parts and maybe some gold - but leave the rest of it alone. Keep in mind that for every one person that really wants that system to remain 10 more people are vowing they will never PVP with anything useful on.

Lord Barugon likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's not "incredible powerful" (sic), it just means that you can't take it. Pledge armors are nowhere near as powerful as even the lowest crafted gear.

8. Lumajo

Lumajo Avatar

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. As I understand it our items need to be repaired and will eventually break beyond repair ? If this is the case who is happy to make things only to be useless and broken and have to be bought / remade ?

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Pledge or store items will not break like that.

Ordinary gear which break, can still be rescued with a COTO, check the Player Instructions.

But those who'd create all that stuff so that you can ditch the old and get some new is the player crafters in onlne play and the NPCs in offline play.

Bluefire and Lumajo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.