I had a deck swap icon in the lower right that disappeared

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Duncan O. McDermott, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

I made a second deck to try out other skills. When I made it a icon appeared in the lower right of my screen. I could click on it and i would make the motion as in recalling but the deck would change. I accidentally right clicked it and now it is gone. I checked options and the decks but can't find out how to replace it. Does anyone know how to do this?

2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Just reassign a secondary deck?

Duncan O. McDermott likes this.
  3. Duncan O. McDermott

I hit the set alternative button and it restored the icon.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

That icon shows when you have a deck set to alternate and then allows you to press 'x' to switch decks in combat. Comes with a hefty cast time and focus drain though.

Duncan O. McDermott likes this.
  5. Duncan O. McDermott

The whole animation thing is kind of weird. Why couldn't they just let us make a simple change without all the fuss?

6. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

It hugely extends capabilities with your limited combat bar size. If they didn't have that animation/cast time + focus loss, it would be so nastily overpowered. Imagine an air mage in cloth with ranged able to switch to a deck that has dots like poison, flame fist, fire arrow, torpid torment, or even throwing in something like body slam and earthquake and still being able to flip flop effortlessly throughout all the skill trees while keeping your decks under 20 cards. There's tons of stuff I'd like to do in a single build, but can't due to lack of space or deck size. If everyone could be anything at a quick touch of a button, it would make pvp pretty unbalanced in favor of those with every skill tree vs those who have specialized in a couple. I've played with it a little bit, and I think they've made it appropriately painful to use considering what that skill could allow you to do in end game pvp. Has to be some give and take with a skill that has as much potential as combat swapping.
    Also something to note if you didn't know, you can run around during the combat swap cast time :D so you could still maybe make it viable at a higher level of combat swapping to decrease the focus reduction you would get. Turn on some movement speed buffs and run around swapping decks to keep the nasties at bay. Chaotic feedback will also decrease cast time on combat swapping, but for every point of focus you lose from the swap, you will lose in health as well. Just gotta get creative to make it work, it's just really hard to make it work :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.