I just upgraded to Citizen!!! OMG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roger36, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Firstly, congratulations Roger. I am presently thinking of upgrading to Knight myself (presently at Citizen). I want to point out that if you go up to Knight level, you will be able to select any house from Knight level and below as per FAQ. Plus you would get all of the perks that go with Knighthood.

2. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Yes I think I will in March before the tiers end! Thanks for the input :)

3. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Yes looking like knight then .. I hope Lord British does not knight me very clumsily and accidentally chop my head off!:p

Time Lord, Golem Dragon and Alexander like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I personally will be upgrading to Knight next month because of all that's written by everyone else above. But I can't for the life of me understand why there was a ruckus about the founding knight's row they had with the founder knight's home. The founder knight home is so much more easy to maneuver in both up and down. As I missed my chance to have been a founder, I'll have to settle for the benefactor knight's home, which still looks like a great place to own with a tax free lot and basement add on.

But with all this talk about housing, I went in game to check out what a new town in the coming new world when launch date arrives may look like by changing all the houses;
    A new community may have many smaller houses and maybe some people living in tents on open lots they bought. While looking at this type of new-game community, it felt like maybe fun to live around. Then I zoomed the clock forward in time and checked out what it may look like after everyone gets allot richer and builds up that same town. After changing all the housing to knight homes, it lost much of it's fun looking flavor and became very boxy looking, like I was walking down a set of apartment complexes.

This entire outlook on the whole made me think about having a very small house on a big city lot... "with an 8 floor city lot sized basement underneath it"...:D

Congrats on your new upgrade:)
    ~Time Lord~

5. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Congrats Roger36 awesome news, it's a good feeling cementing your place in the world by owning a piece of land.

Koldar and Envy / Midian like this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

Awesome, congrats! Hope to see you in game for the house warming!

Time Lord and Koldar like this.
  7. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Glad to hear about your decision! I'm sure I'm not the first to say it but, welcome home citizen of New Brittania.

8. prospereau

prospereau Avatar

Congrats to the original poster! I went Edelmann too, monthly payments, and it's probably the most I've ever paid for a game up front. I'm not too worried about the house or the automaton...personally I'm in it for the Dachshund and the beer. :D

I'm toying with the idea of organising my very own Oktoberfest but I'm concerned that I won't be able to find enough buxom wenches called Helga to serve the steins of beer. I'm taking applications for barmaid though so drop me a line if you can pronounce Knockwurst properly and think sauerkraut is the best food (and I use the term "food" under advisement) to ever grace the Teutonic table.

Time Lord, Koldar and Lord Baldrith like this.
  9. Godra

Godra Avatar

Congrats!!! I pledged at Knight and I am a Benefactor, not a Founder. I missed the Kickstarter time frame. I would like to maybe upgrade to Lord, but not sure about the Benefactor Lord Town home design since not released yet. But, even if I do and don't like the house, can always place my Knight's home on a town lot!!!

10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Congrats to all of the upgraders!!! Nice to see the increased level of faith in SotA.

11. Maka

Maka Avatar

Congratulations!!!! :) You've made the right choice.

Time Lord and Koldar like this.
  12. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

When U9 came out (remember?) it was 3D of course, and originally designed using Voodoo specs. To run it you had to have 2 video cards, one conventional and one Voodoo. So I dropped the $500 and got a Voodoo card. And that was in late 90's money!

(Of course it was later modified to the other more widely used standard, and cards are way cheaper now, but hey, if you want to play a great game, you do what you have to do...)

Just wondering if there's a way I can convince the other half that I need a brand new, high-end computer solely to play games on......

And warmest congrats to the OP and all upgraders. You won't regret it. Look forward to seeing you in New Britannia!

13. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

Welcome! I found a credit card a few months ago which allowed me to upgrade to Citizen level, definitely see the value in housing with a rent free plot. Knight is tempting, but I also like the idea behind gardening, however the founder Knight house is so much more roomy than the village tower (I hope they open up the third floor though and the small tower, seems to be modelled from outside perspective).

@Asclepius Oh talk about flashback! I remember those 3Dfx cards, Voodoo's and Banshee's :).

Koldar likes this.
  14. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Lol, that sounds a little illegal to me. :D

Time Lord, Koldar and licemeat like this.
  15. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

It does doesn't it? LOL. Found in this case, was a card I had been paying off for a couple of years and built up a nice little nest egg haha.

16. Chuzpah Goodfellow

Chuzpah Goodfellow Avatar

Awesome! Welcome fellow homeowner. I have often thought about upgrading to the Knight level as well.

Lord Baldrith and Koldar like this.
  17. Chuzpah Goodfellow

Chuzpah Goodfellow Avatar

What do you have in your wallet? ;)

I know what you mean, I usually try and keep my dangerous high limit cards away when I visit these forums.

18. stile

stile Avatar

Congratulations!

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Thankyou everybody there has been some very nice posts!
    Looking at the item upgrades like fishing pole etc not sure which one to go for, or just buy the whole lot!

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  20. Fiwald

Fiwald Avatar

And here I am, with my 80$ pledge. :p All I can say is 'Good for you'! :)

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.