Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I like the decay system

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Nope, so that right there says it is no where near where it needs to be in order to do what they are expecting of it. In order for it to do what the want it to for someone grinding 24/7 it will be a lot worse for me.

2. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

And they have a community of bugtesters and gamers pitching ideas.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

This isn't complaining just for the sake of complaining. At least in my case. I would even go as far as to say most of the people that complain fully accept the fact that this game needs progress slow downs and a final progress block in the end game.
    I just don't see the concept in place working.
    Players that play a lot still will have their 20gms. How is this going to help?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So what's wrong with someone having 20 gm skills? How does that affect you? What do you feel is a reasonable limit?

Personally, I don't care if someone has gm'd every skill. They still only have 10 slots on their combat bar.

5. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

I don't mind if someone has everything GM'd tbh, or if everyone does for that matter. I just don't want those maxxed players pushing for systems that benefit them by making it harder for the rest of us while they reap the benefits.

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

That's less about combat (though it might produce pvp balance problems but to take a look into that we would need pvp. But that's a different topic) but about production and markets. At the moment I already can produce everything I need. I only buy stuff when I am too lazy to farm and I am seldomly too lazy.
    There is no need for me to think about what might be a good number. Dallas or Lum already said 8-9 gms is what they aim for.
    If that didn't change the system as it is now is not working as intended. This either means there are more punishing and unessesary complicated mechanics in the pipeline or the decay will get a massive raise.
    If they changed their idea of how much gms people should be able to achieve I would like to know. And I would like to know the new number they aim for. And I would like to know why.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There will be people who will make everything. Whether they do it with one character or multiple characters, they will still do it. If they put in mechanics that prevent some people from making stuff while allowing others to do it then people will become soured on this game and not play (I know I would).

I personally will make all my own stuff if only because I don't want someone else's name on my gear. If there were no maker's mark, or I could remove it, then I would likely just buy my gear from others.

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Well I guess you agree that this is a rather personal choice and reason ;-)

Are you saying that we need to be able to do and make everything because some people are able to have multiple characters on one account and some don't?

9. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

You guys crack me up.

It takes 16,709,249,906 exp to max out ONE skill.

If you could make 1 Million exp an hour......and do that every hour for every day.....no sleep no life no anything...just grind grind grind....

It would take 696 days....to max. Or 2 years. ..... More realistically, if you could get 1 million exp per day....every day.... that would be 45 years. To max out ONE skill.

Nobody is going to Max out all the skills in this game. Nobody is going max out even one of the skills in this game.

You don't need decay to prevent maxing out skills.....the exponential curve does that for you already.

Toadster and lollie like this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

It's not about maxing out skills.
    There is actually no point in doing this because of what you said and the fact that you almost get no improvement for the XP.
    It's about the GM level of a skill.
    GM != maxed out skill.

11. lollie

lollie Avatar

Simple fact of games is if the devs screw with our stuff or our accomplishments they'll find themselves hosting an empty server. This is a game, not a job. It's already grindy enough at its base design without creating more grind by forcibly removing some of what we've already done in the game.

Just to remind the devs, empty server = no money for j00.

Govenor Ruin likes this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The big challange on the crafting side is when you lose 20k exp you also lose 2 hours of mining and refining because of the lost mats, but only if you dont have a pool.

Having a pool is very important for sure.

I think they should tame down rez timers with the decay system no need for the xp punishment and long reztimers. kinda a double ding.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How do you lose materials?

14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Every masterwork requires silver every enchant requires gold, if you have no pool you will lose that expierence applied to masterworking thus the silver and gold to achive those gains.

Vrs on the adventure side where its just button pushes or passives.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's no decay on producer experience, so you don't lose anything right now.

16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

You forgetting passives there are like 40 passives so I guess one could gm and use 50 skills im not arguring against your point just putting that fact out there. ;)

And then the attunment bonuses.

17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I know these things, but they are coming some time and its a worthy conversation point.

Knightguy likes this.
  18. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

I really dread them adding, even thinking about adding, decay to craft and gather systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.