Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I think it's time to at least try a auto-stack command.

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by mike11, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I think combat would be better with a auto-stack mechanic. It wouldn't hurt anything so far as I can see but would greatly aid in players being able to not have to look as much at the cards, just to be able to stack them.

Also would be some ideas to for stacking (see also other of my posts) on combat mechanics and card 'points'.
    - sound fx played as stack level increases (on some abilities only)
    - visual enhancement in the area around the build up card

etc... So many things to do with cards I think it would be good idea to redesign card/glyphs and such so everything makes more sense including the multi-spec stances we'll have regarding different fighting schools and magic schools and stealth/tanks etc.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Doom Angel like this.
  2. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

How about holding down the number slot and allowing the stacks to accumulate and when you release the button it starts casting the spell/skill? Might be clunky not sure. Separate melee attacks from spells....so if you're accumulating stacks on a spell you can't cast other spells, but you can still use single stack melee glyphs? Or allow both types to accumulate? Might work better if 1234567890 on the num pad functioned the same as on the main keyboard

Example: (polearm/spells)

1. Lightning (spell)
    2. Spinning Attack (melee)
    3. Puncture (melee)
    4. Puncture (melee)
    5. Searing Ray (spell)
    6. Lightning (spell)
    7. Searing Ray (spell)
    8. Spinning Attack) (melee)
    9. Spinning Attack (melee)
    10. Searing Ray (spell)

So if I hold down the 4 key, the Puncture glyphs would accumulate into that stack. But as long as I'm holding down 4, I can't hold down 8 to accumulate Spinning Attack. However I could hold down 4 and 5 to accumulate puncture and searing ray.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  3. Curt

Curt Avatar

I would suggest a second combat bar above your current where all currently possible combos is.
    Click there and it does that combo

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah why not let the game play for me I could just log in go out into the wild and point at target.

actually then need to Kill Auto attack, and any other mechanic that plays the game for you.

Free attack you have to charge up

Deck have to pick a attack.

Anything players want to make the game more automatic is just plain wrong.

Play the game don't let the game play for you.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

yeas please, I play Bass and R, let alone, WASD to 0 is a stretch for me.

6. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I'm a bit biased I'm trying to find my way back to precasting and insta-hit!

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  7. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I kind of like this thought. It could perhaps work (with touch screen in mind also) that you press over the ability and it becomes highlighted and as you play any cards dealth that ARE the same as it can get auto-stacked there.

There could even be some skills involved with the deck dealing and stacking, previously discussed in forum posts.

auto stack ability - it simply takes 1 GCD (or relative time unit cost) in order to do this 'eyes free'. You would not have a guaranteed stack that is always the best choice for you - but it could get more complex with AI - such a mechanic would be very useful for both NPC as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.