1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

I would like to change the way things are gifted

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Warrior B'Patrick, Nov 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Currently when you buy something in the Add-On store as a gift it requires the recipient's email address not their in-game name. In the "old days" when you bought a gift it went into your Rewards Chest and you could mail it out from there, no personal info needed. I would like for all the items in the Add-on store be gift-able and delivered to your Rewards chest as individual bundles or packaged like Heritage Items can be. We can already do this for all things bought in the COTO Store, even no trade items.

During holidays, time of need, a great sale, or just a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) it would be great to be able to give when you can or just support the game by buying more stuff.

Gravidy, Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

It's ben a while since I did it, but I think you can just put your email address in, get the link in the email, then send that link on to the giftee. IIRC, I've sent a number of gifts via Discord and in game that way.

But, I agree. Being able to send to a player's in game name directly is a good idea.

Gravidy likes this.
  3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings that_shawn_guy
    Unfortunately you have to put in the email address of the account owner you are gifting. This is information I don't want or would want to give out. Because of creating and deleting characters they needed the main account info, email, to be able to send it.

4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I just sent myself a gift of cotos. It does not have to be the email address of the account owner. They just have to be logged into the account on this site when they click the link. Check your DMs here in the forums. I'll send you a gift.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.