Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I would like to file a formal complaint...

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Daxxe Diggler, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Since the introduction of music and playable instruments in R22, I have not been able to get more than 4-5 hours of sleep per night!

- I've spent countless hours gathering resources to be able to craft a piano. (Man that was a lot of copper!)
    - I've spent a few minutes crafting a lute. (I had a bunch of wood and hides saved up, so this was easy)
    - I've spent countless hours searching for .abc and .mml files on the internet to save into my Songs folder.
    - I've spent many more hours playing said songs on my piano and lute. (I enjoyed listening to others play too.)
    - I've spent many hours fishing on the docks... oh wait, that's not relevant to this complaint - ignore that.

This ridiculously addictive horror has made me lose track of time IRL and as such I've not been sleeping well.

I am yawning all day at work due to the lack of sleep and I'm also seeing a lack of productivity. Not to mention the fact that it's getting harder and harder for me to stay in-game to play more music!

I demand something be done to correct this situation!

/sarcasm off :p

I would sincerely like to thank the Dev Team for giving us this wonderful game feature. I know it's been done in other games before already, but I never really had an urge to get into it. But with SOTA it just feels like it belongs and now that I've experimented a bit I'm really hooked (sliding in a fishing pun compliment because that feature is fun too).

I only have one true complaint about instrument playing, which is that the animations don't really sinc up with the notes being played. I realize this is a first pass and it won't be easy to make the avatar look like it is playing each individual note with the proper hand placement. But I would love it if it could be improved/polished so that it at least pauses when the notes pause to give it a more realistic look. That would be fantastic and may make me lose even more sleep... but it would be worth it!

I hope you all have as much fun with this post as I'm having with the music and fishing. :D

2. Mata

Mata Avatar

*hands up* Here.... I :D

3. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yes, I also have enjoyed playing my lute and fishing, which I find to be quite relaxing :D (especially since playing as an archer/mage this release has been very frustrating :mad:)

Jivalax Azon, FrostII and Mata like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Just quit your job!

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Thank you all for the positive feedback so far and for seeing this as just my humorous way to praise these new features. I was afraid I would get some nasty replies but was hoping you would all realize I'm just having some fun with it.

I apologize for the bait and switch tactic, but I felt that was the best method to share my bitter sweet feelings about them. I'm really enjoying them, but I am truly feeling the sleep depravity creeping in, haha. Maybe that had something to do with my weird idea to post it like this?

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Haha, if that were a viable option, I would certainly consider it. :D

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  7. Caladhan

Caladhan Avatar

+1
    I love it! :D

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  8. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

And IMHO the most incredible part is that this is one of those PRIME examples of crowd-sourcing at work!

(PS, Daxxe Diggler, you'll have to file your complaint with Eniko as well!!! :p )

Jivalax Azon and Eniko like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.