I'd like to see people's pledge levels attached to their forum profile...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Canterbury, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

And yet, as I've pointed out, it's done in the Star Citizen community which has 100s of thousands more users than this community, and it's not a problem there, even with all those extra people. So, short answer, not necessarily.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

None of us have played the game. Many of us here have a pretty good idea of what the developers are intending the game to be when it's finally done, but we can know everything we do without having backed the game. There are enough threads, enough discussions, enough videos to give adequate impressions. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, as you said, but social exchanges don't always work that way. The idea that someone's feedback is invalid because he or she hasn't played an alpha test (because he or she hasn't backed the game) is absolutely silly when that feedback might be the reason he or she is choosing not to back. $45 is a lot of money for some people to fork over on faith, and I can't see how calling them out for not paying it would do any amount of good whatsoever.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

You're putting 2 + 2 together and making 5, I'm afraid, mate. Of course someone might have something valid to say from the confines of not having played the game. Absolutely. But I'm not talking about those people, let alone "everyone" who has yet to pledge. I'm talking quite clearly about the people who rant and rave and take a major dump on the game on a regular basis. I'd like to see where their information comes from, ie: have they even played the game?

Because either they haven't played it, (in which case their ranting and raving is pure nutcase territory), or they have played it, but are busting out their hate posts under a false identity. I'd be interested to learn that, too.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about what you will do. I'm talking about what everyone else is likely to do.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. rschultzy80

rschultzy80 Avatar

SoTA doesn't need bad press. The last thing I want for the community is people who might be interested in the game who become discourage from reading flame after flame on our forums. I do believe showing a simple "KS" or "Backer" status would lend some weight to what people have to say. If you pay for the game you are more than welcome to offer your opinion, hopefully in a respectful manner. I'm sure there are people that make accounts just to "troll" or get their daily hatorade. Unfortunately, there are a vast amount of the latter two on the internet these days.

As others have said, your economic status should never be revealed. Many of us backed a game we hope will be a great experience. If I had 10k+ I could just kick around you can be sure I'd have a nice Lord of The Manor title (with all the benefits that come with it). I'm just a lowly Adventurer though. Maybe a founder, I don't even remember. xD

Khloec and Canterbury like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.