Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

idea for feedback and bug reports - 3rd party open sourced screenshot app

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by ThurisazSheol, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

when i usually do QA or alpha or beta work - i find a way to incorporate screenshots if there isn't a way built-in..

one of the most powerful 3rdparty screenshot apps i've found for these purpoese is called GreenShot.
    http://getgreenshot.org/

it is free, and open source. and lets you quickly put a dropshadow and border, and draw colored circles/squares/arrows/text on it within seconds of hitting print screen. - has a built in option to copy to clipboard instead of saving to file, and many other options too..

you can see an example of it in my first post in the forums: My First Impressions - New as of R12

each screenshot took me 3 seconds to save to png file, including placing the border and cropping it.

is there a way this could get implemented, or something like it? sometimes /feedback and /bug reports in-game have an automatic screenshot with a /loc set of coordinates added to them, but they are full screen.. having the ability to focus on a part of the screen like that can absolutely help with isolating and squashing the bugs.

- just a thought. i'm going to keep using my method, regardless..because it seems to work fairly well during these phases of product development. :)

Spoon likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

This would be really really good to implement. I also think that hitting the report but button should have the option of "with screenshot" putting a popup with/loc and version etc on screen for the shot.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.