Ideas for a livestream event for the PvPers and the PvErs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cirsee, Mar 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Hi Everyone .. just trying to throw some ideas out there so we can give some fun events to both sides of the play coin. Feel free to share and keep in mind you want to encourage your fellow non PvPers to see that what you enjoy can be fun.

1. For the livestream fishing contest, make it a pvp fishing contest. So the fishing beach area is non PvP, but turning into the devs is PvP flagged (until you get to the dev platform). Both those that turn in fish get a prize and the PvP players that get the most heads (or however that works)/kills.. also gets a prize. No loot/gear should be allowed to be taken during this event.

2. A PvP zone seek and destroy.. said Dev hides in a zone that is open PvP - not a PoT - and players must compete to both reach them first and kill him/her. This would take place in multiple PvP zones.. the top 3 to 5 winners of each of these zone contests would then compete in a naked (no armor or weapons) PvP fight ring. PvE players (or the losers) would then get to bet on who is going to win before the ring fight takes place. Winners of each side would get some prize.

3. Simple capture the flag group defense play.. how long can your group hold out against everyone else! etc..

Please add PvP players as events you might like to see the community help you with .. I am not a PvP player so I have no idea if any of this is feasible or if you guys would find this fun or not?

Dhanas and Boris Mondragon like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think part of why dance parties and fishing contests are so often used for livestreams is because they are things that can be easily multitasked. they want players to actually WATCH the stream, too, to say nothing of the devs who are actually running it. multitasking and pvping is a good way to get kilt.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  3. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I think it is more a listen to thing since you have to be in game to say the phrase and to see how big your fish is or to even catch it. This doesn't have to be just a livestream either, just a community event.

4. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Cirsee ; Back in October 2018 there was a Travian games sponsored event with several events that catered to PVE/PVP and which culminated with the “Battle of Aerie”. I am sure it was coordinated with Portalarium and I will bet it had more people attend it than any party I have been to.

They should do these monthly and include the Devs on each side. I am sure it’s on either YouTube or Twitch.

If you want to see a Player run one then look for the “Battle of New Heaven” that @Antrax Artek , @Dhanas and the rest of the New Heaven folks hosted. If you want to see another big battle feel free to come to Dragomir Mori this upcoming Sunday 10 March at 12PM CDT.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

Cirsee, Arkah EMPstrike and Dhanas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.