Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

If you get attacked the attacker should become your target.

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by brhanson2, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

If I am hunting and currently have no target and am not in combat and a wolf attacks me, the wolf should automatically become my target, I should not have to target him manually.

Could even make it configurable in the options for people that do not want it.

Just my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I dislike this idea. If I'm attacking something and something else comes up to hit me, I may or may not want to attack the new thing right away. I might want to finish off whatever it is I'm already attacking first.

I could see this also exploited in PvP, where an opponent keeps hitting you to change your target and keep you from hitting his buddy who is doing the most damage.

3. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

If you are in the middle of combat when you get attacked wouldnt you already have a target? My suggestion is if you are NOT in combat and get attacked that the attacker should become your target.

4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Ah, you are correct. You wouldn't already have a target.

I can't think of anything major off the top of my head that this would complicate. Perhaps auto-target would assist people using scripts to auto-farm a node, but that alone is probably not a good enough reason to not have it. I doubt the current behavior would change, however. It might be easier to train yourself to hit TAB to target the next enemy, which would probably be the one who attacked you.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  5. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Well, it creates the rather questionable ability to park your character in a low level area and passively farm mobs.

6. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

You can do that now. I auto attack what attacks me whether it is my target or not. I would just like to see it as my target (hp, etc)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  7. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

If I'm fighting multiple mobs at once, I choose my target based on a lot of factors, which one is slowed/not slowed, what their current HP is, are they ranged/melee... I would not want anything to be auto-targeted based on the mobs choice. But could be an option... I suppose.

brhanson2 likes this.
  8. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I agree totally. You said "If im fighting..." my comment only pertains if you are running thru a zone, not in combat, no target, and something hits you. It should be come your target so you can see what is hitting you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.