Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

If you unmap the toggle Reticle you cant disable it when it comes back on

Discussion in 'Release 30 Dev+' started by Rofo, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

If you disable recticle mode, and unmap the key for it. (e.g. Remap "tab" from Toggle cursor to "start attack")
    And the game decides to renable it, you have no way to disable it again, because you can't click "Controls" in the option menu while in recticle mode.

You also can't quit, because after you alt-f4 you can't click the "quit" button on the "Are you sure you want to quit?" dialog.

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Hmm, I just remapped my keys. But the server went down shortly after and I didn't get to try it out.

Hope I don't have this issue when I get back in.

3. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I was running around, they stupidly wore my coconuts (on linux they are called crashonuts) into Aerie, I managed to put my sword back in my hand before I made it all the way to space, and exited the zone back to the world map.

When I made it to the world map, I had the targeting reticle back. and discovered the problems.

fortunately because I had to Logout to kill the game, it won't have saved my changes to preferences so I should be able to fix it when I return, however it went down before I could verify.

Switching back to R29 for now.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. Curiously, opening Options via ESC should automatically activate cursor mode, which should allow players to reach the Control tab to remap.

Is this not occurring for you?

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  5. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

It did not.
    The thing is I have no idea how the reticle came back, and nothing I could do would put it back into cursor mode.
    E.g I can't get myself into this predicament on purpose..

Fortunately because I have to manually kill the game settings were not saved, so problem went away after restarting launcher.

Leelu likes this.
  6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is very peculiar. Compatibility testing on Linux definitely shows the cursor responding and toggling on automatically for opening Options via ESC. Could you verify now that you're back in? I have already submitted a report to make certain that the exit window (via alt-f4) also forces the cursor mode on.

If you continue to not see options generating the cursor as it should, please rereport and include system specs for us to test further.

Thank you for reporting.

7. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I will check on QA this evening, thanks for looking into this.

My guess is ultimately this is going to be coconuts + linux issue related, or potentially server shutdown related.
    Here is exactly how it happened originally.
    toggled cursor mode on, then remapped "tab" to "start attack". since I didn't want to re-enable it.
    I then stupidly walked into Aerie while wearing my coconuts.
    Upon zoning in I began the race to see if I could equip my sword before I made it to outer space or crashed.
    I was successful, and began floating back down to the ground.
    I landed a bit down the beach, and when I got close to town, I bumped into the exit wall that surrounds the town and zoned into the Overland Novia.
    Upon Zoning into Overland Novia, I was back in Reticle mode, and the mouse cursor disappeared.
    Pressing Esc would bring up the dialog but I couldn't click anything in it, even if I pretended the mouse was just invisible and clicked on where the buttons where supposed to be.
    So I went with alt-f4 to exit, again same problem, no mouse no clicky on the "are you sure you want to exit" dialog.

I started bringing up the linux version of task manager to kill off SotA, and I saw the You've been disconnected, connectivity errors popup, that popped under the "are you sure you want to exit dialog".
    Thats when you guys brought down QA, that night.

I killed everything off, and then relized QA was down.
    I then went back to R29 and came here to report the issue.

Leelu likes this.
  8. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I am unable to reproduce the issue where I am in reticle mode with the options window up. (with or without coconuts, in town, in overland map, or in space)

However, by entering and exiting Aerie several times, I was able be on the overland novia map in reticle mode very briefly, but as soon as I hit Esc the options menu came up and so did the cursor.
    The Cursor did not disappear when the dialog was closed.

Also if I exit town in reticle mode, the mouse is moved to the very top right corner of the screen making it invisible when arriving in Overland Novia.
    (which makes it look like your in reticle mode, but any mouse movement moves the cursor not the camera)

Pressing alt-f4 currently does not re-enable the cursor (but you said your already working on that issue)
    Steps to Reproduce:
    Toggle off cursor mode.
    Press alt-f4
    Attempt to click the dialog notices the camera moves but no cursor is present.

(Pressing Esc, will close the confirmation dialog and then you can hit the toggle cursor hot key again, then exit via al-f4 or options menu normally)

All of the following dialogs I just finished checking in town and they do correctly bring up the cursor.
    Esc (menu)
    I (inventory)
    c (character)
    k (skills)
    l (glyphs)
    y (decks)
    j (journal)
    b (receipe book)
    enter (start chat)
    o (emotes)
    f (friends list)
    h(blocked list)
    u(deeds)
    - (titles)
    . (price of the oracle)
    ; (wars)
    0 (nearby players)

Further more I am not able to enter Reticle mode on purpose on the overland novia map.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32158
    GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 1024
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.360.Date.05.23.16
    Area: Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Loc: (-16.7, 30.0, -96.5)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.