IMCRF - Iron Maiden's Holdings Auction - Primer & Eligibility

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

AERIE Fund Presents: Iron Maiden’s Holdings Auction

When: Starting Monday February, 20th

Where: Shroud Marketplace -> AERIE FUND SHOPPE

About:

Now that we have successfully (almost 100%) funded the Iron Maiden Chemo Relief Fund (yay!), it is time for the promised Iron Maiden Holdings Auction! Working with Iron Maiden, I have assembled all of his account holdings (items, lot deeds, add-ons, etc.). Considering there were hundreds, if not over a thousand, different items – it took some time to sort them out. ;) But, I think we are ready to roll.

The Plan:

Each day (starting Monday) I will post roughly 20 items and themed packages. You can see the full list and schedule here. Each day’s auctions will last 1 week from start to finish. So, next Sunday’s auctions (the last wave) will conclude the following Sunday (March 5th). I am staggering this process to guarantee it is managed properly and that all of the $100 donors can take the time they need to select and bid on what they choose and have ample time to bid on multiple auctions.

Reserves:

The million dollar question. I’ve always said that reserves will be determined by our GFM total donation amount to ensure Iron Maiden receives the minimum amount of funds he needs to get his life-saving chemotherapy treatment. With that being said, we are $1000 away from hitting our goal of 25K (and we still have a few days left to pick up some donations – LET’S GET IT DONE)...so, reserves…well…they’re going to be:

Zero. That’s right, no reserves. Nada. Y’all earned it. THANK YOU for the SUPPORT.

Eligibility Requirements & Rules:

1. You must donate a cumulative amount of $100 or more to the Iron Maiden Chemo Relief Fund GoFundMe by Sunday, February 19th to be eligible. This will be verified before an auction is considered won. Any winning bids that are not verifiable by my donation records will be discarded and defaulted to the next highest, verifiable winner. There's still a couple days left to donate, if you want in on the zero reserve auctions, so get to it.

EDIT: Each auction is going to be monitored closely and bids from non-participants will be removed asap, and instead of being closed (at the end) auctions are being suspended to verify accuracy and integrity. We will be matching emails and names from the GoFundMe to the marketplace registration to verify as bids come in. There is also the potentiality that someone who should be allowed to participate in the auction is removed due to registration discrepancies - which is why folks need to register on Shroud Marketplace using their GoFundMe emails, in-game name, and/or Real Name so we can match records.

2. If I cannot verify your donation eligibility (by name, email address, or avatar name), I will make an effort to contact you. If after 24 hours I am not able to reach you or verify your eligibility, the auction will be forfeit to the next winner.

3. Auctions will be suspended at the appropriate time and no late bids will be accepted. Auctions will then go through a review process to make sure 1) the correct winner at the right time is selected and 2) the winner is eligible for auction participation. This means you will not get verification of your win, until I have approved it (which will happen within 24 hours). Don’t worry, you will not be asked to pay for anything, until you receive the ‘Auction Won’ email.

4. Payments must be made within 48 hours of winning an auction. Failure to do so will constitute an auction forfeiture and the next highest, eligible winner will receive the item.

5. Bad bids – sometimes they happen. An extra zero here and there. If this happens to you, please contact Shroud Marketplace to have your bid corrected or revoked immediately.

6. All auction proceeds will be sent to Iron Maiden (Doug) minus Paypal Fees.

Claiming Won Items:

Guys, I’m not going to lie. Handing out over 300 cloaks was a time consuming (but awesome) process – (I got to meet all of you and say thanks). Handing out hundreds of items and packages is an equally daunting task, so I am going to schedule certain times that I will be available to do it. I understand that not everybody will be available at the times I choose to be, but fret not. We will meet in-game as soon as possible. I’ll do my best to accommodate all donors and winners. :)

A note about Iron Maiden's LOTM Account/PoT Metropolis:

I want to reiterate that although we will be auctioning off 99% of Doug’s holdings, he will keep a presence in game. He will have an account, a modest lot deed, and a couple other essentials befitting a hero so he can continue to be within our community for the long game. I’d also like Iron Maiden to keep his character name (for obvious reasons), and this is where it get's a bit tricky. Character names are tied to accounts, and currently Iron Maiden is tied to his LOTM account as is the PoT Metropolis.

I am starting a dialogue with Portalarium to see if the Iron Maiden name can be moved to a new account. Or perhaps they can move the LOTM pledge status to a new account that can then be auctioned off. I'm not sure what their process is on this....yet. Due to not having these details worked through at the moment, the stripped LOTM pledge account is not scheduled for auction. The OTHER stripped accounts WILL BE auctioned immediately.

And, they will come with physical pledge rewards, titles, emotes and Dev+ access. PLEASE NOTE: Even though the ‘Iron Maiden’ LOTM account itself is not up for sale right now, all of the LOTM in-game rewards ARE being auctioned, so check the listings schedule. Thanks for your patience while we work out the details.

The Final Stretch:

This is it, the final phase in helping Iron Maiden! I can’t believe we’ve come so far in 1 month! And yes, we are going to go WAY above our original goal of 25K after the auctions end. Doug will have access to ALL of the money, even that which is above the 25K he originally requested. Any funds he wishes to donate back to the community will be placed in our 501c3 non-profit org, the AERIE Fund, so we can continue to do good works in NB in a transparent way. Whatever Doug decides to do in this regard will be kept private (unless he gives me permission to share the contribution with all of you).

The Big Finish:

I’ve been invited to speak during Portalarium's BIG SPRING TELETHON on March 9th, where I will be announcing (for the first time) the final amount we have raised to help Iron Maiden (GFM + Auctions), so definitely tune in for that. Let’s all celebrate our AMAZING victory together.

EDIT: At the Aerie Fund Shoppe, you can see ALL IMCRF Auction Items (not just today's batch) by clicking the 'Discover More' button at the store front.

[​IMG]

-Thex

CC:

@DarkStarr @Berek @Lord British

Lot Preview Video:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Alexander, Luffy, LiquidBlaze and 6 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Thexedor Markhamm

Changing names in an account is normally one Srvice Voucher @$25.

However even though the stripped account could fetch some extra funds, wouldn't it feel better if Iron Maiden got to keep the stripped account?

With the fantastic success that you've accomplished in the funds behalf it seems that it is more than guaranteed that there will be a big surplus anyway for other uses.

3. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

I agree, which is why I am pausing on the LOTM account. I've had several requests for the 'physical rewards' of the LOTM to be auctioned. I am discussing with Iron Maiden what he would like to do, and the decision will be his. I have no problem with him keeping the LOTM account. In fact, I think it would be fitting for him to do so. However, he has expressed the desire to send the surplus back to the community for further charitable works, and he may want the contribution to grow with the LOTM items. As always, I've stuck firm by my stance. All funds, accounts and decisions belong to Doug. :)

Numa, Sir Aular Glorthalion and Spoon like this.
  4. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Hi Thex,
    I suggest to split the huge packages (e.g. the LOTM Pack). I would assume you could get way more out from it. Not many can afford the full package...

5. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

I am open to suggestions on how to best split this package - and other packages that should be split. You can see the full listing in the post above. I packaged most things as I thought they would go better as theme packs (and also to eliminate having to auction 900+ items individually). :p My assumption was why sell a LOTM crown without a castle to go with it? :p But, if you think I can increase interest and bids, I'm open to suggestions. :)

6. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Day 1 Auctions are LIVE -

Please visit the Aerie Fund Shoppe to see today's offerings!

Remember: we are verifying bidders so 1) please use your GoFundMe (Real Life) information when creating an account, and 2) do not bid anonymously. Unverified/non-eligible bids will be removed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: All auctions will be suspended on the 7th day after their listing at 8PM CST - this allows us to do one final audit to verify the auction's winner and integrity before sending out the congratz email. The countdown clock is only provided to demonstrate how many DAYS are left in the auction. The hours and minutes are meaningless, but cannot be removed. Again, all auctions will be suspended at 8PM CST on the end day of that auction.

Been working closely with Shroud Marketplace to ensure the integrity of these auctions are maintained. Special thanks to them for all the help. So far this morning, we've verified all current bidders. :)

Good luck and happy bidding!

-Thex

Numa likes this.
  7. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Hi Guys.

I made some changes to the auction schedule. The LOTM Pack is now scheduled on Saturday and the new Sunday headliner is the PoT Metropolis with Overland Access (I had been remiss in adding it to the line up).

-Thex

Numa likes this.
  8. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

I would have suggested to split off the Royal Scepter and LOTM Keep Home as there had been quite some demand for them (myself included :).
    But maybe a split is not needed as it seems the auction is doing pretty well in its first day, I have been outbid on every item - good for Doug!

Thexedor Markhamm likes this.
  9. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Day 2 Auctions are LIVE -

Remember: we are verifying bidders so 1) please use your GoFundMe (Real Life) information when creating an account, and 2) do not bid anonymously. Unverified/non-eligible bids will be removed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: All auctions will be suspended on the 7th day after their listing at 8PM CST - this allows us to do one final audit to verify the auction's winner and integrity before sending out the congratz email. The countdown clock is only provided to demonstrate how many DAYS are left in the auction. The hours and minutes are meaningless, but cannot be removed. Again, all auctions will be suspended at 8PM CST on the end day of that auction.

Been working closely with Shroud Marketplace to ensure the integrity of these auctions are maintained. Special thanks to them for all the help. So far this morning, we've verified all current bidders. :)

-Thex

Numa likes this.
  10. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

why cant I see the D1 stuff anymore?

11. eli

eli Avatar

[​IMG]

If you click "Discover More" you get pagination.

Maybe there should be a scrolling marquee or dancing baby gif to point it out.

Thexedor Markhamm and Numa like this.
  12. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Thanks Eli!!

Thexedor Markhamm likes this.
  13. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Day 3 Auctions are LIVE -

Been working closely with Shroud Marketplace to ensure the integrity of these auctions are maintained. Special thanks to them for all the help.

-Thex

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  14. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

(Here's the latest update I posted on GoFundMe - has some pertinent info, so thought I'd share it here, too.) :cool:

Hi Everybody,

As this amazing fundraising effort draws to a close, I wanted to send out a 'housekeeping' update to our hundreds of donors. Specifically, I wanted to address reward status and the process for claiming the rewards that you may have qualified for.

1. IMCRF Cloak - in-game Shroud of the Avatar Reward. This reward is for donors who pledged $25 dollars or more during this campaign. To receive your cloak, you must friend/contact me (IGN: Thexedor Markhamm) in-game and I will meet you to deliver the cloak. These cloaks are not delivered via bank drop.

2. NTRPGCon Pass - this includes 1 pass to Doug's North Texas RPG Convention. The NTRPG Con focuses on old-school Dungeons & Dragons gaming and ANY other tabletop RPG games. For more information on the NTRPGCon, including dates, venue, etc, please visit: http://ntrpgcon.com. To reserve your pass, please email Doug directly: IronMaiden@MedievalGames.com. This reward is for donors who pledged $50 or more.

3. Iron Maiden Holdings Auction - this auction is for the majority of Iron Maiden's Holdings in Shroud of the Avatar. Those who donated $100 or more are eligible to participate. This auction is going on right NOW, and will last until the final auctions close on Sunday, March 5th @ 8PM CST. To view/bid on auctions currently available, please visit:

https://www.shroudmarketplace.com/shops/aeriefund/

For rules, format and eligibility, please visit:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ns-holdings-auction-primer-eligibility.80395/

Important note: all auctions will be closing at 8PM CST on the day they are scheduled to end so we can verify and audit the results to ensure eligibility.

Finally, for donors whom gave with no interest or use in these rewards, I offer a sincere THANK YOU. You've helped us get this far and your compassion is notable and appreciated. You're making a real difference in Doug's life.

Thanks everybody!

-Thex

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  15. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Day 4 Auctions are LIVE -

Been working closely with Shroud Marketplace to ensure the integrity of these auctions are maintained. Special thanks to them for all the help.

-Thex

16. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

ATTN: Auction line up change!

To make room for a lot of headliner items this weekend, the Duke's Pack has been moved to Friday (D5) instead of Saturday (D6).

17. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

FYI: At the Aerie Fund Shoppe, you can see ALL IMCRF Auction Items (not just today's batch) by clicking the 'Discover More' button at the store front.

[​IMG]

18. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Day 5 Auctions are LIVE -

-Thex

19. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Day 6 Auctions are LIVE -

-Thex

20. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

Day 7 Auctions are LIVE - (as of yesterday (Sunday))

-Thex

Numa and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.