Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

In combat, and make no damage

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Thomber, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomber

Thomber Avatar

12/31/2015 2:25 AM
    Title: In combat, and make no damage
    Reproduction Rate: not sure, it hapens twice in the same session in distance of a half hour.
    Blocker?
    Details: At this position, I try to harvest metal, disturbing by a bear, hit him but make no damage, but he does.
    If I change the position, I make damage again.
    Steps to Reproduce: not sure. see above. maybe the disturbing is the problem or an area is buggy.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU RAM: 4027
    SotA.PreAlpha.Win.64.364.Date.12.28.15
    Area: Novia_R1_Swamp02_Road
    Loc: (-74.7, 18.6, -99.5)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Thomber We are having difficulty reproducing this issue. Moved in and around the location provided, but was always able to damage the bears. Was the chat displaying that you hit but dealt no damage? Or was it being displayed as a miss? Let us know if you are able to reproduce this.

3. Thomber

Thomber Avatar

Here another place, same situation. Maybe the case above was the same problem.

I try to insert two screenshots of the case.
    Bear attacks ME and makes Hits.
    I attacks the Bear and make no hit.

Crap, I realize in this moment, I have lost the Clipport --> Hey you are in pre Alpha, a lot time for generate a comfortable Bug-Report-Tool --> Look at "EVE online" Just a suggest.
    Why being not able to copy the chat into the clipport ?

Well I did make another screenshot.

I guess, the Bear was/is at the end of his moving range and this is the problem.
    Because, as I take to much damage for this report, I make some steps back and the bear runs far away imediately.
    (Anyway the reaction-range of the npc's is much to large in my mind. This causes the massive multiattack of npc's, beacause I have to die sometimes. But this comes in another trhread soon.)

Fact is, I get damage and in spite of fighting, I make no damage.

I don't get it... How do I Upload a screenshot. I suggest honestly, make a BugReportTool.
    This here needs at least a half hour without uploading the screenshots. I'm not here to do this guys.

4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

1. What is the durability of your weapon?
    2. For me, I have to let bears stand right on top of me to do damage consistently. If I back out to a proper range for my polearm, I miss a lot.

5. Thomber

Thomber Avatar

With this all is all right at me.
    If I go a step to him, I need just a few hits to kill him.

Is it, what I say above. A bug. Like the same like if an opponent stand vice visa, his arms are long like hell and he hit me, but my avatar goes not in combat, because his opponent is to far away.

Because bugs like this, we are here...

6. Thomber

Thomber Avatar

Yes, and combat systems like this are crap in my eyes.
    I have never seen a combat system like this.

It is not hard, but it is not fair.

Enemys with shorter weapons have lomger arms as me, Avatar lost his target all the time, I have to do with running behind distand fighter, every time I start a hit he is long since out of range. And yes, I'm never more the youngest but more important, I play games for relaxation and not for haste.
    I forget, the aktion for my avatar radius ist lot to small for mine opinion. I think +30° to - 30°, 60° in all. if it allready 90°, it is to less anyway... ...however, if I have the right orientation, I'm half dead.

Yes younger people will get it... but have they the money to pay the game ?

I hope the Lord British Team spend some love to the combat system.

And to my post above.

At "Highvalve" at the sea with the isle: in this area, where I tried to send screenshots, I have a lot of problems like I telling from...
    Bears come to me, I go in combat, maybe a clash, and he is "flying" back to his basepoint, no ten meters away. other see me at 50 meter come to me with all his friends up to 5 or 6.... is this fair ? NO. Have it to be in a game ? NO. Where is the fun ?

If any dev here and take notice of the problems, or is there no problem and I'm just dumb ? Could be, let me know it, and I can show the next game, or better I return to UO...my accounts are already payed.
    OK it is pre Alpha, I know it AND THIS GAME is AS PRE ALPHA a MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN Albion Online, and this is in late Beta...

... but some problems are sure a lot older than the last patch. I will see what is comming there...

7. Attenwood

@Thomber Everything in due course. AI, combat, and pathing within scenes are areas that are in a constant state of improvement. There's no immediate quick-fix for this level of game-wide system. Every release we work to iterate and slowly improve upon it. The combat system and AI behaviors are critical areas that we know have a lot of room for improvement. As you say, this is still Pre-Alpha. There's a long way yet to go, and this is definitely an area we plan to revisit and improve upon constantly over the course of development.

Thank you for reporting.

8. Thomber

Thomber Avatar

Thank you for your respond. For mine opinion, it is highly important, to react of your Testplayers, although if I not be pleased in all. But I see there is a reaction. Thank you for that.
    I can imagine, that it is a huge amount of work to respond of all the messages. But for mine opinion it is verry important.

Now I'm sure You are aware for that issue and I can check of this topic until the next patch... ;-)

And another thing is: I feel good with it, and will not hesitate to write the next bugreport in hope to get another respond.

I wonder, if you are think about a BugReportTool like EVEonline have. It is a ingametool with integrated screenshot and marker(Arrows with rotation and move) and some gimmicks, makes a report easyer for the user.
    Honestly I have no fun to make screenshots, edit them, make paintings like arrows, and looking for any Log additional, to send all them first on any server and than link it to my post here.

How I can see, not to much make something like this. At much posts you have to ask for more information. A log could clear many things.

What do you think about ?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  9. Attenwood

I think it is a good idea, but difficult to implement. Being a small team, we work with the resources that we have afforded to us. I believe in the future we would have the desire to create a more integrated bug-reporting tool in-game. Thank you for the suggestion.

Aldo and Thomber like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.