In game character names

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nikadeamis, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikadeamis

Nikadeamis Avatar

this may have been posted before but i can find nothing on it. does anyone know if the account profiles we have created gives us a guarantee on our actual ingame character names ?

please let me know if this question seems unclear

thnx Nika

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

I don't know for sure, but I'm going to hazard a guess that they won't be interconnected.

3. smack

smack Avatar

While they won't be interconnected, I think they'll allow you to use your own forum name but not anyone else's to avoid confusion. Like, I wouldn't be able to create an in-game character called "tradyblix" since that's someone else's forum name, but I could create one called "smack" as that's mine currently. Likewise, I hope they're coding the forums to take in-game names into account, so that new forum registrations (or renames) can't use in-game names unless they're your own.

Sanctius and BillRoy like this.
  4. Kell Frost Wyrm

Kell Frost Wyrm Avatar

You can differentiate between your username and any desired nickname you want to have. It can be done in the account settings, I suppose that the same would apply to ingame characters.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Hmm... I'm going to make my character "smack" just so we can find out :)

Btw - just knowing what is required to make this work makes me say "most assuredly this is not currently in place"

smack likes this.
  6. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

I would guess that in-game character names would have no connection with your account name or nickname on the forums. They might have a way to reserve your char name early, but I wouldn't assume that because you have a name on the forums its reserved for you in the game.

7. Nikadeamis

Nikadeamis Avatar

dont you guys think this is an important question which should be addressed by the dev's?

8. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I don't think they've established naming rules for the game yet.. although that might be going on now, since we'll be creating characters in about a week. However, since the game is resetting periodically throughout the alpha runs, whatever naming system they do throw together now will probably still change before final release next year. To link in-game names to forum names, they'd have to require forum names to follow these conventions, so they can't be linked until those conventions are decided. Also, they'd have to know which forum members have immediate 'last-name' access for their characters to decided whether they can include a last name for said reservations or not, etc..

9. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

There is one rule we know--there will be last names. You will have to earn them to use them in game, but Founders at Immortal Adventurer and higher will get to pick them from the get-go.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  10. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

I haven't thought yet about my characters name... will happen once I make him. Might change my forum name to deryk/(avatar name) at that point.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.