In-game map items

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ffred, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

When I started the game I picked the path of Truth, which started me in blood river. In blood river I found a half dozen or so map items that a picked up and added them to my inventory (i.e Andoris Map, Solace Bridge Map).

I’m adventure level 27 now and I’m not sure what their purpose is, since the game has an auto map key (M). Though, I’ve noticed that not all scenes have an auto map available. Is the purpose of the map items to augment when the auto-map isn’t available?

I noticed that the in-game maps are worth quite a bit (for my level), but I’m not sure if I should see them or if they will be needed later.

Thanks much for any insights anyone has on this.

2. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

Hello Ffred,

you can sell the map items. They can be reacquired later, if you really happen to need them for some kind of quest. They tend to help you navigate a scene or show you the meaningful spots of a scene - but with the implementation of the "M" map they lost some of their usefulness.

Kind regards,

Aurelius

Ffred likes this.
  3. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

From the beginning there was not supposed to be a map function, only these separate in game maps. A bunch of in game maps were created before they changed their mind. Now they are just curiosities.

Ffred likes this.
  4. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

That makes total sense. thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.