Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Inaccessible Mountain Pass

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Bedawyn, Jul 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

07/07/2019 23:42
    Title: Inaccessible Mountain Pass
    Reproduction Rate: ----
    Blocker? Only in the most literal sense
    Details:

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional, but it's driving me bonkers. The map for Highvale Outskirts clearly shows a pass into the mountains that heads northeast. From the bridge above, you can see the pass below you. At the location below, I'm standing at what should be the entrance to the pass and I can see it ahead of me, but I can't move into it. There's a rock slope blocking it, but it's not that steep or high; I've climbed higher ones plenty of times. I don't see a reason I shouldn't be able to get up this one, unless there's a collision problem.

I know there's probably no monsters or loot or resources up there, but I don't CARE. They're not why I explore. I explore because it's there, and therefore I must be there too, and the map clearly shows at least a few hundred yards if not more of THERE that I can't get to, and it's driving me bonkers. Please, for the sake of my sanity, make these rocks climbable.

EDIT: I was finally able to get into the pass and about two-thirds up it before the fade-to-black hit. There totally needs to be a hidden scene nested at the back there, even if it's just a POT. However, I got in there by going up to the high bridge and climbing/sliding down in a move no sane avatar would undertake. Being able to climb up the rocks and enter from ground level would be much less death-defying. (The rocks can be crossed OUT of the gully, heading southwest, just not going INTO it, heading northeast.)

Steps to Reproduce: In Highvale Outskirts, use the map to find the entrance to the northernmost gully under the bridge.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8089
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 2150
    SotA.Win.64.1007.Date.07.06.19
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (-106.8, 66.7, -483.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KC0xMDYuODExLCA2Ni42OCwgLTQ4My43ODgpfCgwLCAwLjk3NiwgMCwgMC4yMTkpfDEyMzQuMjE2fC0yMi41ODIxOXwxLjI1

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.