Incorrect API data confirmed for 10/3 to 11/09 kills

Discussion in 'Lua Discussions' started by QuObert, Dec 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuObert

QuObert Avatar

Hi all, Qish is my alt and Qish has been killing Razorbacks since early October. I noticed that she (rightly so) had zero Razorback kills on October 3rd. When I eventually saw an update to this information on 11/09/20, I noticed that the 235 (or some number close to it) for Qish's kills was about 10% of what it should be. I did this by counting the number of common artifacts I had obtained in loot.

From early-mid October to November 9th she HAD to have killed nearly or, more likely, "over" 2000 Razorbacks in order to get all of tamer gear she had acquired... allowing for an estimated average of 1 artifact for every 10 Razorback kills. She had only purchased one Rare Stag Helm, the rest of it was found by looting Razorbacks. On 11/09 she was well on the way to having legendary in all but the helms. For all three helms she was already at or beyond legendary. The API data after 11/09/20 seems to be more accurate, showing over 1500 total. Qish is currently wearing Epic Wolf and all Legendary in Tamer gear, except for the vest. She has enough pieces to make an Epic Stag and looted enough to make Epic Bear... most of which has been traded for other pieces. e.g. 12 Bears for two Rings,

I doubt she looted more than 10 or, at most, 20 uncommon pieces... of course those would bump up the loot count for common, with fewer kills. In any case the math is plain and simple, she HAD to have killed a lot more than 1500 pigs to get that many artifacts. [128 x 3 (epic helms) + 64 x 4 (legendary pieces) ] x 10 kills per piece = 6400 Razorbacks. Subtract 16 and maybe another 128 to allow for the rare helm and uncommon drops.

I'm sure I killed a lot less than that but I seriously doubt I was getting much better than 1 artifact per 9 or 10 kills. Maybe I purchased a couple of other pieces but certainly not more than 5 or 10. Overpaying for the rare stag was enough to convince me to get them on my own.

My theory allows for 2 possible reasons this happened. 1) The razorback count was somehow divided by 10. 2) The count was done on artifacts, rather than razorback deaths. Thanks for reading, sorry for long post.

2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

A guess on my part would be we didn't receive any API data for most of October into early November which, at least to me, affects what you're seeing. Just a thought

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Where were you looking at the API data?

The public API server failed on Oct. 3rd and all data was lost from then until Nov. 9th when it was rebuilt.

Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  4. QuObert

QuObert Avatar

Hmmm, as far as not getting the data from me... I have not changed the setting that says "share data", it has been the way it is now, for at least 6 months.

But shawn's reply is interesting. So shawn, did the rebuild restore data from 10/3 to 11/09 or was the data lost or partially recoverd maybe? If so I wonder where the 235 ish count came from. Unless it just recovered/rebuilt a few days of that time period maybe. I was killing from 40 to maybe 100+ a day for those days (just an estimate). If data was lost then of course the count would be low, I also noticed that some other Razorback hunters I know did not get credit for many kills during that period... knowing almost certainly that their numbers should be higher... sounds like data was actually lost in that case. Thanks for the replies!

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  5. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

There was no data restored. From what I can tell, all the data on the server at the time (30 days worth) went poof when it died and no data was recorded until it the server was rebuilt.

I pull data everyday for sotagraphs.com and provide archives as well. During the outage, the server did not respond at all.

6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

7. QuObert

QuObert Avatar

Thank you shawn for clearing that up, really appreciate it. Thanks all.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.