Increased QA Login rewards to save the Gods time and encourage player testing

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Griffler, Mar 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

There is a hindrance to players attempting to test all the content on QA. If a low-level character, or even a higher level not wanting to unlearn everything, wants to test higher-level content or new skills they've got to either do it the old fashion hard way, and whos going to go through that trouble on QA, or petition the GM's limited available time to get an exp pool boost. Currently when you login you are awarded a small and insignificant amount of exp.

Would it be possible and beneficial to give more of a login bonus so that more players could test a larger amount of content without all the hassle? It seems to me like an easy to way hopefully gain more test players.

Thanks for your time!

[​IMG]

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It's QA, give us unlimited ressources, exp, anything and everything. Give us a real testing environment, not a temporary live copy. If I want to try something new I have to unlearn and relearn many things, with the small pools I have.

There should be more bug report recognition too, I mean why would I spend time on the QA to test things if when I report a bug, theres no acknowledgement, and the bug still exists when the patch goes live?

And now this question got its answer 2 weeks ago with the merchants names bug, but knowing what is new when it is new is also a good thing to add for the testers. Fine, bugs pop up everywhere and for no reason (like vendor names being backwards), but I think people would like to go in with a plan, an idea of what to test, and not only jump in QA and do their daily grind incase they find a bug.

Fister Magee likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../examine-player-does-not-show-2-rings.161902/

This is only one of my own examples of a bug going without acknowledgement, on the 14th of February, I posted this bug. It has no mention, title change, nothing that would show me that I at least reported this for a reason. I remember seeing many people complain on this specific matter, and to be fair, apart from 1 of my scenerie/world building bugs I submitted a while back, anything else went ignored. Why would I seemingly waste my time?

4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Agreed, on QA, give unlimited XP pool (actually, cap us at a perpetual 10M or something that makes sense, and we can measure, plus decreasing. It will help us find early bugs likely.) Also unlimited COTOS's to test stuff you are asking for payment for. :)

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I still think that if they kept track of the experience you earn on QA and then put that into your pool on live, they would get more people testing.

Violet Ronso and Fister Magee like this.
  6. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

We will be adjusting the login bonuses ....

Just has not made it into a QA build yet ... please bear with us!

Griffler and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
  7. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

I suppose it depends on what you're looking to do. Fister's position would get deeper testing by the limited people who do it. Barugon's would get a much broader range of people that perhaps test less deeply.

I say do both since given some of the crap that heads out to production makes the game look terrible, i'll go with whatever it takes to get the best product.

Fenris

8. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

A good option to make the "Testing mode" coexist is that anything produced when the special testing cheats are enabled gets marked "No Trade" with a special "Testing Tag" not unlike the Heritage tag. (I'd use a shield with a bug drawn on it for the icon.) These items are then deleted when the player returns to normal QA mode (regardless of where they are put at the time.)

9. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

The QA Server Database is wiped every two weeks, so there would be no need to create a testing mode ass the entire server is a testing environment.

The unused portions of the login bonuses awarded on the QA server will accrue each time you login. I can't speak to the exact numbers we will be increasing the login bonus to, what is life without surprises? :D

Elgarion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.