Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Indication for random battle on overland map

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I really like that there are random encounters on the overland map but I think it would be great if there was an indication that something is happening, like two swords crossing before loading the scene. The loading of the scene came rather abruptly...

Isaiah [MGT], smack and tekkamansoul like this.
  2. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Even a second delay before the load screen appears with the word ENCOUNTER! or something.

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

YES!!! I was going to post the same exact thing and I'm glad you posted this thread. It would be nice to have an indicator.

I have no problem having a random encounter without warning but once you escape you should definitely see an indicator of the encounter you just escaped so you don't walk into it again. The number of random encounters in some places are annoying. It takes time to load and all just to escape back to the overland map.

I've been going back to the menu and apearing on the overland map. If I had to run through the a scene one more time to escape the junk I don't want to waste time with I would definitely think about turning on a different game. I know this is prealpha, but I'm just giving honest feedback about the current mechanic.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I did get a random encounter with another PvP person though. That was interesting. I liked that A LOT!!!

5. mike11

mike11 Avatar

some feedback on random encounters.. It could make sense to have some empty encounters that you would accidently find some random loot. Even just looting a random dead body could have a roll for some items that you could break down into crafting materials or other commodities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.