Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Banners over zones have rune-like symbol overlapping translated name

Discussion in 'Release 39 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Rinaldi, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

2/11/2017 10:18 PM
    Title: Banners over zones have rune-like symbol overlapping translated name
    Reproduction Rate: 100% of zones with the rune. Some of the zone banners do not have the single rune below them (such as Upper Tears, Yew, Hallowed Plains - see without rune pic below).
    Blocker? No
    Details: see with rune pics below. {Edit 2/15/17: it looks like the runic name of the town did not fit on the banner and the text "wrapped" to the next line, so that the last character of the runic name appeared on the line below the banner. }
    Steps to Reproduce: none
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3437U CPU @ 1.90GHz (4) System RAM: 3960
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 GPU RAM: 880
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.453.Date.02.10.17
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-327.7, 15.0, 209.2)

With rune:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Without rune:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Rinaldi I'm not seeing this internally. It could be a temporary thing. Could you let me know if you see it in the next build?

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

@Serafina
    In build 456, the issue seems to be resolved.
    On closer inspection of the original issue, it looks like the runic name of the town did not fit on the banner and the text "wrapped" to the next line, so that the last character of the runic name appeared on the line below the banner. Maybe that additional info will help trouble-shoot if it occurs again.

4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

@Serafina
    I spoke too soon. I logged in tonight, and issue is back again in build 456.
    I was not there when I tested earlier.

Some additional information:
    I logged out and logged back in, and then only 1 of the cities shown in the pic below (Brittany Estates) had the rune below the banner, and the rest of the cities had normal looking banners (without the extra rune). Then I ran south in Novia down to Kiln, and then ran back to the area shown below, and all of the banners had the rune below the banner again.
    I logged out and logged back in again a second time, and the banners shown below looked normal. Then I ran down to kiln and back to brittany, and the runes were below all of the banners again (as shown in the pic below).
    I logged out and back in a third time. This time, only 1 of the cities shown in the pic below (Brittany Estates) had the rune below the banner. I ran to the north up to serpents spine, then ran back to brittany, and all of the banners were normal. I then ran south to kiln and then back to britanny, and all of the banners had the rune below again (as is pic below).
    This trend seemed to occur whether or not I had other programs running at the same time as SOTA (i.e. internet browser, pain, calculator).

2/15/2017 8:56 PM
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3437U CPU @ 1.90GHz (4) System RAM: 3960
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 GPU RAM: 880
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.456.Date.02.13.17
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (115.8, 11.9, 105.5)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.