Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Bloodriver Outskirts - Phineas Stage 2 - Poison

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Jens_T, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

8/5/2017 6:40 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: Before starting the quests from Phineas I accidently found the spider cave and had to kill the spider queen. The loot included two Wolf Spider Queen Venom Sacks.
    Later Phineas asked me to kill said spider. I did that but did not receive any "new" glands.
    Also Phineas does not react to my deed (keywords "poison" "poison gland" "spider") but rather repeats his plans. The "Venomous Extraction" quest remains in my task list.

I noticed that both in the Vigilante and Elf camp the food supplies now have a "name" and double clicking opens the "talk" UI. The only keyword available is "Hello" which doesn't create a reaction (no surprise). Typing "poison" also only creates a standard response "-Strangely, you are talking to food supplies. Not strangely, a reply may never come-".

Talking to Alberic doesn't help either.
    I didn't find a way to process the poison glands either - I even checked an alchemist crafting station to "extract the poison".

Unless I am missing an important step it looks like the quest is not working if you kill the spider before Phineas tells you to do it.

Also - feedback - the interaction with food supplies through the talk UI doesn't feel good. I accidently stole a basket as the "food supply" is invisible and I did not click on something non-stealable.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M295X OpenGL Engine GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.OSX.64.645.Date.08.03.17
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (293.2, 70.3, -131.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgyOTMuMjA1LCA3MC4yNzQsIC0xMzEuOTMzKXwoMCwgMC43NTUsIDAsIDAuNjU2KXwzMzQ1Ljg3NHwyNi4xNzA0Mnwz

twofoldsilence likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

So Phineas wouldn't take sacks you got before you had the quest? Are you putting up the items in the trade quest item window, and it just isn't counting?
    And you are clicking the down arrow to make sure there are no other possible keywords to use?
    @Jens_T

3. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

I still have the two sacks in my inventory. I did not get a trade quest item window - I checked the keywords and everything was greyed out, can check again when I get back to the region.

4. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

@Lexie returning to the scene talking to Phineas now directly opens the item trade dialogue. XP and gp are awarded.
    Unless you changed something since the bug report this is still "strange" as I had logged off and fought the spider queen on a different day after the bug request and also talked to Phineas without success.

Sorry to add to this request - getting the Manifesto afterwards is a bit troublesome.
    Phineas' text indicates that he's happy about the poison and wants to give you the manifesto. However, no manifesto item is handed. I had to continue discussing with him ("truth", "manifesto", "manifesto") before I received the item and XP. Is that intended behaviour?

discipleofweb likes this.
  5. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

The Phineas Stage 2 - Poison quest still doesn't resolve for me. I did do the quest already, and probably got the quest reward, but I can't be sure, since I did it when Bloddriver Outskirts was originally released and still buggy.

6. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I am in the same boat, but this is for an offline character. I used the poison on the vigilante food supply, but Phineas does not react and does not give the Manifesto, which I would turn into Alberic and the Aerie Guard camp leader to finish the quest. I will try again since sometimes it takes talking to them twice to get conversations to work.

7. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Nevermind - I went back and figured out the correct keywords and was able to move forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.