Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Camera zoom reset

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Quenton, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

8/10/2017 2:10 PM
    Title: Camera zoom reset
    Reproduction Rate: Unpredictable
    Blocker? No
    Details: The camera zoom randomly resets. Every chance I get zoom out the camera as far as it'll go, but something eventually resets it to the default.
    Steps to Reproduce: I can't make out what's causing this, it seems like it might have something to do with NPC conversation, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten it to happen just by going in and out of buildings.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 16300
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8110
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.645.Date.08.03.17
    Area: Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Aerie
    Loc: (348.5, 30.8, -128.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KDM0OC40NTgsIDMwLjgzLCAtMTI4LjMyNCl8KDAsIDAuNDE0LCAwLCAwLjkxKXw0MDkuMTQyMnwxNi44MzM5OXwxMi4wNTgzOQ==

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I have not seen anything like this, so I will need more details I'm afraid, if you come across them.
    Curious as to what your options settings may look like. Do you have skip conversations with merchants off, and do you ever toggle into first person?
    @Quenton

3. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I don't have skip conversations with merchants enabled (though I should turn that on, I keep forgetting).

I don't ever toggle into first person.

I'm pretty sure it happened once when I was going in and out of the oracle shrine at Kingsport without even talking to the oracle, just raising skills and being indecisive, but was never able to replicate that. I think at some point when the camera automatically zooms in, it just forgets to zoom back out when it's able to.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Okay, so it isn't happening all the time. Let us know if you happen to catch what may be the reproduction steps for it, if you happen to notice a pattern. Thanks!

5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I concur. This happens to me all the time. For example, when you enter a scene, the camera is set just behind near the avatar because of his close proximity to the gate. When the avatar goes forward, leaving the gate behind, the camera has to be re-zoomed to get back to desired distance behind the avatar. This also happens around rocks and especially in dungeons. I have just been dealing with it. OP has a point though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.