Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Can not place pet again

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by CatweazleX, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

14.03.2018 04:21
    Title: Can not place dog again
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: removing npc does not reduce npc count on lot
    Steps to Reproduce: pick an npc to your inventory and try to place the npc again
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2) System RAM: 7982
    GPU: AMD CYPRESS (DRM 2.43.0 / 4.4.0-116-generic, LLVM 5.0.0) GPU RAM: 1003
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Linux.64.645.Date.03.13.18
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01a_template/Veritas Sanctuary
    Area Display Name: Veritas Sanctuary
    Loc: (51,5, 36,0, 462,2)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFhX3RlbXBsYXRlfFZlcml0YXMgU2FuY3R1YXJ5fCg1MS41MDgsIDM2LjAwMSwgNDYyLjE2NCl8KDAsIDAuMTY5LCAwLCAtMC45ODYpfC0zODMuOTMzOXwzNC42NDk2Mnw2LjI4OTQ0

My dog has had graphical issues. Picked him up to my inventory and want to re-place him. But he is shown red, like illigal position or npc count reached. Checking the npc count, it still reads 2 what is max for a village lot. But there is only a training dummy placed, the dog is still in my inventory. So, removing the pet does not reduce the npc count by one like it should.
    Login/Logout, leaving and re-enter the instance does not help.

Can still summon him (without graphical issues) but not place him on the LOT again.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i picked up my white duck to test a tiny airship, on a village lot i already had a vendor on. was able to place the airship after picking up the duck. so npc count worked correctly for me, may be a problem with that dog.

Area: Stinging Tree Hollow (POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Stinging Tree Hollow) Loc: (105.8, 41.7, -63.4) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFN0aW5naW5nIFRyZWUgSG9sbG93fCgxMDUuODA2LCA0MS42OTEsIC02My40MjIpfCgwLCAxLCAwLCAtMC4wMDUpfDE2My4wNjU5fDMzLjE0ODN8MTg=

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

on the other hand, my kitchen lot says it has 4/2 placed. that has a basement, which thinks it has 2/2 when it only has a practice dummy. maybe the kitchen lot is including the basement in its count?

Area: Stinging Tree Hollow (POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Stinging Tree Hollow) Loc: (155.8, 44.5, -2.9) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFN0aW5naW5nIFRyZWUgSG9sbG93fCgxNTUuNzU1LCA0NC41NDEsIC0yLjkwNSl8KDAsIDAuMjU2LCAwLCAwLjk2Nyl8NDIuNzE1MDV8MzUuNjc3MDd8MTg=

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

5. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Arko

update:
    build 645:
    tried to place the dog in basement. That works like it should. Except, the dane has the same graphical issues as he had before.

build 646:
    tried to place the dane in basement . work like it should . graphical issues are gone
    The lot still shows two placed npc. Have removed the training dummy and the npc count on lot reads zero after that. Was able to place the dane again, but not the training dummy.
    Placing the pet adds one count. Removing the pet removes one count. It seems the pet is not the problem here.
    Have picked up the dane and the dummy and stored the lot to the mover, to get an empty lot. Placing and removing the pet works. But still not able to place the dummy, it is shown red like illigal position and/or npc count reached.
    Both, pet and dummy, can be placed in basement without any problems, but the dummy can not placed on the lot.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  6. Lexie

@CatweazleX
    Oh, I mean the default name. There a few different type of breeds including color variations.

Oh I see now, a dane. What color is it? I believe we have more than one.

7. Lexie

Sorry, one more thing...I think this could possibly be a 'red item' bug. You mentioned it was red. Did you restart the client? Normally that will resolve 'red item' bug issues.
    @CatweazleX

8. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

It is a "Deutsche Dogge".
    Restarting the client (including the computer) does not help.

Build 648:
    Logged in into the basement, picked up the training dummy and walked to the exit. The LOT shows _two placed NPCs_, but only the pet is placed.
    Picked up the dane and the NPC count reads zero like it should when no NPC is placed. Tried to place the training dummy but the dummy is shown red. The NPC count is still zero. When i placed the dog the NPC count reads one, one NPC left to place. The training dummy is still not placeable.

- the LOT shows two/max NPC count until _all_ NPC are removed. Then it reads zero
    - after all NPCs removed, the dog is placeable and the NPC counter behaves correctly
    - under no circumstances the training dummy is placeable
    - the NPC counter behaves correctly in the basement, only. Both, dog and training dummy, can be placed in basement
    - do not have a second village LOT to test

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.