Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]Cooking Ingredients become red, halting the ability to cook

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Chrystoph Reis, Jan 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

1. Title: Cooking Ingredients become red, halting the ability to cook
    2. Reproduction Rate: 40% of the time when making small batches, 100% of the time when crafting big batches
    3. Blocker? Yes
    4. Details: I'm crafting at the table and for whatever reason still unknown it will stop (see screenshot below) Sometimes makes all further crafting impossible until I zone. Sometimes certain recipes I can still make. I can usually reset them by zoning out of area and coming back. However, it happens frequently enough that I have to zone 4 or 5 times in less than 20mins just to finish making food. I thought it was Ardoris... but same thing happens in Xenos, on my own bench or public bench as well.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
      1. Sit at cooking bench and craft batches (number not specific)
    6. User Specs: N/A
    [​IMG]

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are having difficulty reproducing this. Does it happen with a specific recipe? How many batches are you attempting to craft? Could it have to do with the ingredients as they are in your inventory? Perhaps if a full stack is being broken down?

3. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

It's completely random, recipe batch size, tec. Sometimes it will happen on the first pass of a recipe, sometimes it will happen on the 20th.

I do have all my ingredients in one backpack in side my backpack.
    So what I do if yank everything out of my cabinet to an empty backpack in my backpack. So I can quickly put them back into the cabinet when done.

I think I was making bear steak and potatoes at the time.

Now that I think about it, the ingredients that this usually happens on are carrots, apples and potatoes.

4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Just happened again... made 28 bear and steak potatoes, then 12 grilled corpion's tails... then I made one Ardoris coldslaw, failed first time and put all ingredients in backpack, but was successful second time. Went to move the ingredients back into Craft backpack from main backpack and it put some of the materials in red and unusable. But it always seems to be involved with carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, lemons and onions. [​IMG]

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I think the issue here is that when you put stolen (zero value) ingredients onto the crafting table and fail (or even if you just use the "Take All" button before combining) they get returned to your backpack as having the normal value (as if you purchased, or grew, or looted them). However, the non-value ones can't stack with the others and so you get the red colored items.

Most of the time, when you log out and back in (exit to menu and then resume is good enough), it resets them back to non-value and you can use them again.

I have also tested to see if you can sell them to a merchant after turning to valued items and you cannot... so that a good thing at least.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.