Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Courage Broken

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Tiina Onir, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

4/9/2018 10:03 PM
    Title: Courage Broken
    Reproduction Rate: ??
    Blocker? YES
    Details: After being teleported to valhold from shrekk, and confronting Mara, Ferig never appears. Noone will talk to you. You can't fight any of the three in the room. Only Mara and Grannus will sort of talk to you. You really can't say anything useful to either. If you leave the castle the quest ends and you don't get the weapon.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. (TRY TO) DO THE COURAGE QUEST.
    2. Watch it break.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16313
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 4060
    SotA.Win.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: Novia_R10_City_Valhold
    Area Display Name: Valhold
    Loc: (-71.4, 94.0, -105.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjEwX0NpdHlfVmFsaG9sZHx8KC03MS4zOTgsIDk0LjAwMywgLTEwNS4xOTcpfCgwLCAtMSwgMCwgMC4wMDUpfDE3Ny44NDI5fDI3LjIwMzA1fDEzLjQ0NTky

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I've done this quest 3 times this week. I haven't had it break on me once - a good and a bad thing. So I'm afraid it more than simply trying to do this questline. If it was we'd be more than happy to nip it in the bud. Alas, it is going to take more than that. :(

Did they not say anything back? Was any dialogue repeated? Have you tried again since resetting the instance? Do you hit this same wall every time? We will need to figure out what is wrong with your particular quest flags. Does anything in the dialogue seem to jump around or seem unusual to you - something that may provide a clue as to what is going on here?

@Tiina Onir

3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Mara would say she had nothing to say to me, Granus would give the "lost in thought" reply, the other person in there (who's name eludes me ATM) won't open a dialogue
    not that I noticed
    Like I said, I left room. I can't get back in. something has now tripped in my character and now everyone responds as if I have finished and it has been removed from my book, but (as far as I can tell) I've not gotten the XP nor the bludgeon.

I'll admit, I was REALLY frustrated when I wrote this report. Unfortunately I didn't know anything was wrong until there wasn't anything I could do about it. I should have taken a video of it as soon as I did realize it, but I didn't have the presence of mind to do that at the time. All I can think of to do, at this point, is to go on with Truth (I've refinished Love already) and hope it still lets me finish the shroud quest. I will be on at about 1800 central time, if anyone from Portalarium wants to take a look just have them send me a friend request. While I'm happy to work with you guys as best as I can, unfortunately we're in the same timezone so your work-day lines up with mine.

If it matters, this character is off a quest-wipe. I've completed the shroud quest before on her.

(sorry for dropping the the brunt of my frustration on you)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.