Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Daily 10,000XP Award Message Displayed Twice in Chat

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Traveller13, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

11/29/2017 10:36 PM
    -Title: Daily 10,000XP Award Message Displayed Twice in Chat
    -Reproduction Rate: Occasionally
    -Blocker? No
    -Details: I logged in last night with my main account. The daily 10,000XP award message appeared twice in the chat window. I conversed with Ronald, the Owl's Head Public Vendor, and one of the messages disappeared from the chat window after I exited the conversation. The only question, which I did not have the answer to, was did I receive 20,000XP's?

As luck would have it, I received the same double message in chat when I logged in with my second account tonight. Again, holding a conversation with Ronald (or anyone?), erased the second message from the chat window upon conversation exit. I also know that only 10,000XP were added-- from 166,590 at log-off last night to 176,590 after log-in tonight. I did not receive a double message when I logged in my primary account. A check of chat records from yesterday and today show only one 10,000XP line in each of the logs.

A couple of items. I run the Steam version. I log in via Steam credentials for my primary account, and via password for my second account. I log in with my secondary account first, for a short period of time (basically for the 10,000XP [which is why I knew the XP amount]). Then I play my primary account. I've also received this message with my primary back when I never played my second account.

-Steps to Reproduce: I don't know, other than logging in. Maybe a server/client timing issue? It doesn't happen all that often. Having it happen in back to back nights, so I could gather more info while it was fresh in my mind, is pure luck.
    -User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32688
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8086
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.705.Date.11.22.17
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (122.5, 72.0, 58.5)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCgxMjIuNTQ5LCA3MS45NTQsIDU4LjUwNyl8KDAsIC0wLjc4LCAwLCAwLjYyNil8MjU3LjQ5ODZ8MTB8MTAuNjU1ODU=

I can provide screen shots of the disappearing line in chat for both cases described above, if needed.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

There is an UI issue that can happen if you log between different accounts without restarting the client fully. I think that is why you are seeing this. It only rewarded you the 10 XP once. It's a visual error.
    We're actually working on some of the issues with UI related to multi accounts which will help with some issues such as this. It should be clearing the mis-info when you log, not restart, but it isn't always doing that.

Please restart the client between switching accounts just to confirm my suspicion is correct. If it still happens we have another bug happening I'll need to submit.
    @Traveller13

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

@Lexie , I close out the game-- ESCAPE / "Quit" button /"Quit" button-- and restart it within Steam when I change characters. I don't go to the log-in screen within the game. Unless you mean restart Steam?

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

@Lexie , it happened again today, after eight days had passed.

I logged in with my primary account around 5:00PM my time. I stayed in for a little while, then exited the game-- closed it. I did some other things on the machine, then logged in with my second account just after 7:00PM to get the 10K XP. I logged out after a few minutes-- closing the game. I did some other things on the computer. I logged in again with my primary account just after 8:00PM. The double 10K XP message appeared. It stayed while traveling from Solace Bridge Outskirts to Owl's Head. I had a conversation with Ronald the public vendor, and it disappeared upon conversation exit. In all cases, I close the game, then (re)start the game to log in.

Double message staying from log in at Solace Bridge Outskirts, through many scenes to Owl's Head.
    [​IMG]

It disappears upon ending conversations.
    [​IMG]

5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

@Lexie , two nights in a row again. This time with my second account. I logged into the game for the first time today at 9:50PM my time. I did it with my second account. The 10K award message appeared twice. I held a conversation with the Owl's Head Town Crier. It disappeared upon conversation exit. The one thing that might be a contributing factor is more than 24 hours between log outs and ins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.