Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Dodge change decreases chances against NPC archers

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Tiina Onir, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

1. Title: Dodge change decreases chances against NPC archers
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? It's enough that I'm not going to be playing much this release.
    4. Details: Release Instructions read: "Dodge: Dodge has been changed to only work vs targets in the front half of the avatar. This change has been considered for some time, and finally implemented as we believe it will provide greater opportunities for melee players to remain competitive in PVP." Because Dodge is the only ability in the light armor tree that mitigates ranged attacks, this does not provide greater opportunities for melee players unless they are also heavy armor users. In practice it just eliminates the possibility of a viable Light Armor/Melee build for even PvE.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
      1. Be Light Armor / Melee
      2. Get ripped up by green archers
    6. User Specs: N/A

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

"Dodge has been changed to only work vs targets in the front half of the avatar. This change has been considered for some time, and finally implemented as we believe it will provide greater opportunities for melee players to remain competitive in PVP."
    It appears you don't agree with the change, which I certainly understand - but I'm grasping at straws trying to find the bug here?

3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

The bug is that the effect of the change was the exact opposite of what it was supposed to be.

This was supposed to INCREASE my opportunities (as melee), instead I might as well not log in at all, for all the opportunities I have to do anything now.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.