Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Enemies with back to you can dodge

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Tiina Onir, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

1. Title: Enemies with back to you can dodge
    2. Reproduction Rate: unknown
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Enemies are not supposed to be able to dodge when they have their back to you, they can and do.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Chase an archer around swinging.
    6. User Specs: N/A

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This is one of those we will need more information on as it is so scenario specific. The more the better. You say you are swinging, I wonder if this is related more to a melee specific bug we have open regarding the reach being shorter.

3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

You are going to have to tell me what you want. Don't say "I need more information," tell me what information you need.

4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I'm not sure if this is the same thing I was seeing that night (I highly suspect is was, in retrospect. I wasn't paying attention to the tabs), but tonight when I was out I had what appeared to be the path-check code giving a false negative. I was easily within range of it (it was attacking, and hitting me), and I'm a swords user, so that code should NEVER say I'm out of range, but it was.

Oh, and I screen-shotted this time!

[​IMG]

This particular case was in Spectral Mines.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  5. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Just happened AGAIN. How exactly is this fun? That code needs to be ripped out completely.

The reality is, this game is SWARMING with ranged. Ranged who DON'T follow that rule. I'm regularly getting just destroyed by things which are green to me, because I'm not an archer. Oh, and the ONE defense I have against archers? It's getting nerfed.

6. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

The dark grey dodge is a positioning thing. If you get that, usually you can kite them to somewhere new and then hit them.

I will agree that I have seen normal dodges from enemies with their back to me. I am using a two handed sword and it has happened in multiple locations. Most recently Deep Raven's wood. I've also had them dodge while I was behind them after knocking them down with body slam.

7. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I understand that it's a positioning thing, but I'm a melee user. Take a look at that screenshot, it's saying I can't hit with my SWORDS because it can't path to me; it's already standing on top of me! Not only that, it's ACTUALLY HITTING ME! This code is buggy, at best, a better description is "woefully illconceived."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.