Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Exiting "magic mirror" on Isle of Storms made weird screen changes

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Daxxe Diggler, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

This happened when creating a new avatar in Offline mode, so put it in this forum... but it might be appropriate in the world building or some other forum. Anyway...

1/23/2017 10:01 AM
    Title: Exiting "magic mirror" on Isle of Storms (offline mode) made weird screen changes.
    Reproduction Rate: 100% - Happened initially on start new game, then happened again after deleting that saved game and starting another new game (and once again after restarting client, and starting a new game).
    Blocker? Sort of... so dark I can't see where I'm going now.
    Details: My saved game files did not load up, so I had to start a new avatar offline. After speaking to Arabella and visiting the magic mirror to change my appearance, I was back on Isle of Storms where most of the objects (pedestal for the book, rock formations, Oracle Observatory, etc.) were a fluorescent green color. I thought it was strange, but was able to proceed if I wanted to. However, I decided that I wanted to change one thing about my appearance and tried to go back to the magic mirror to fix it. When I came back to Isle of Storms the 2nd time, the whole scene was extremely dark and I couldn't see anything. With no hotbar/skills yet, I didn't have a light spell to help me either. I could see the outline of the mirror and a few small lighted objects in the distance... but it almost appeared as a negative photo (where light is dark and dark is light).
    Steps to Reproduce: Log into offline mode, start a new game, speak to Arabella, go to magic mirror to alter appearance, hit "Finish", experience weird visuals.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 7981
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics GPU RAM: 944
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.440.Date.01.20.17
    Area: IsleOfStorms/Begin
    Area Display Name: Isle of Storms
    Loc: (12.8, 10.6, -23.8)

Screenshots:
    Green objects
    [​IMG]

Darkness
    [​IMG]

NOTE: When I tried again and proceeded when the green glow happened, I left Isle of Storms and entered Battle of Solace Bridge with a "normal" screen. So the issue seems to be related to Isle of Storms.

2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Daxxe Diggler, did you try reloading the client? If so, did it still happen?

I wasn't able to repro this internally.

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Serafina - It only happens for me on Isle of Storms. Graphics were fine initially when I first "landed", but the issues started happening right after I finished the magic mirror (design your look) part.

Once I got through the Isle of Storms and landed in Solace Bridge, all was normal again.

I did try restarting my client (several times) and created multiple offline characters and each time I got the same issue(s) on Isle of Storms.

This is on my work comp and it's not the greatest so it's likely it could just be a driver issue. But the problem goes away after the tutorial.

4. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Daxxe Diggler That is odd. If you can check on another computer, let me know.

5. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

@Daxxe Diggler
    Unfortunately, upon my review, your machine is below the minimum system requirements for SotA. For instance, the IntelĀ® HD Graphics 2500 is a rather old graphics card, and one not really intended for gaming. :)
    @Serafina @Attenwood

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I agree with that, it is old and not really designed for gaming. However, I have been playing SOTA on it since July 2015, have created quite a few characters on it, and never had this happen before.

@Serafina - I just created a new character on my home PC and did not experience the issue. I chose the same appearance as I was trying earlier today at work... just in case the options I was choosing was the problem. No glowing green objects, no darkness... so it is clearly related to my work PC somehow.

I'll try to see if drivers need updating tomorrow and try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.