Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed] Exp bug still exists when multiple on from same household.

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Mac2, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

08/30/2019 00:38
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16347
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1032.Date.08.29.19
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01_template/Serenite
    Area Display Name: Serenite
    Loc: (115.4, 38.0, 197.2)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8U2VyZW5pdGV8KDExNS40MTYsIDM3Ljk5NywgMTk3LjE2OSl8KDAsIDAsIDAsIDEpfDB8MTB8MTg=

Still seeing differences in exp between the 3 of my characters, still getting dced a lot when they are all together as well. This is still an effect from doing the tests yesterday as this was my first run today.

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

This is not something you can recreate easily, you need to go and attenuate a few times to really start to see the effect.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Mac2 Didn't you learn last release that you're just imagining this and it doesn't really exist? :p

You said you were making videos, have you uploaded some you could share with @Lord Subtleton so he can visually see the issue?

Mac2 likes this.
  4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I kept on getting dced and I would just delete the video as I did not want to show any of my log in information.

Mishikal likes this.
  5. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Currently, there are not any open issues on experience gaining. A review of the logs shows no anomalies that would indicate an issue. From this description, it sounds like there are multiple characters playing over an extended period of time in which there were some disconnects, with some or all characters reaching the attenuation point. The characters involved sometimes received differing amounts of experience over the same time period. Also, it sounds like sometimes all of the characters received exactly the same amount of experience over the same time period.
    More information is needed here to clarify what bug is being reported, and also how the reported issue might block a player from playing the game.

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

4rth run and already the others are down about 200k, and while yes macileena and macaroni did dc, it was not 200k gained in the 20 seconds they dced for AND snuggs did not dc at all and he got about 200k less as well. I will keep on going and get that number worse and worse. I have a video but right at the very end I dced and I will never post any video with any of my log in info in it. Maybe you can come with us on our next run and see for yourself what is happening? I will even wait a full hour this time to make sure there is no attenuation, and I need some food :) .

This blocks players as first off, all the disconnects that happen when I have 2+ toons logged in in the same instance and in party at the same time AND when people get frustrated as not understanding what is going on as one person attenuated and the other did not. This will effect people who live at the same house and try and play together, like brothers, sisters parents and couples.

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

OK, about to start my next run.

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Here is a new thing to look at for some data to try and figure this out. Now that I was suffering from the bug, I went and killed a zombie way more then an hour after I stopped exping last and there is a difference in the exp gain on each toon. Mac got 11,116 exp, macileena got 11,718 and maca roni got 10,875. I think these numbers should be the same but they are not.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Fister Magee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.