Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] General performance in Upper Tiers &Upper Tiers Looting bug

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Steevodeevo, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

NB: This report was NOT playing in a Group in the Cave BTW, this was solo down in the main zone area.

6/12/2018 10:04 AM
    Title: Performance in Upper Tiers
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Game 'borderline playable' when at its worst..
    Details: I just wanted to report that in Upper Tiers my game performance is several orders of magnitude worse than any other zone. I'm talking major stuttering and laggyness, and freezes up to a few seconds. I'm also getting a regular looting bug here and not anywhere else: stating the mob i've killed is already being looted. My GPU is running close to 100% for this build, and i'm generally worried about overheating, but i'm not yet able to say if its worse in Upper Tiers. Dropping the graphics performance to 'fastest' from 'best' makes absolutely no difference to my GPU load. Its at close to 100% all the time..
    Steps to Reproduce: play in Upper Tiers.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16337
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit) GPU RAM: 1495
    SotA.Win.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills02_01
    Area Display Name: Upper Tears
    Loc: (31.7, 4.5, 107.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMl8wMXx8KDMxLjY4OCwgNC40NTYsIDEwNy40MzgpfCgwLCAwLjk1OSwgMCwgMC4yODUpfC0yMTIuOTE2MnwxNS4yODIxMnw2Ljk5MjM3Mw==

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

What you are reporting is not widespread - even in Upper Tears. In fact I believe you have reported other performance issues as of late.
    Can you take a screenshot of what your Task Manager information looks like? I promise you it's not simply a matter of playing Upper Tears...
    @Steevodeevo

Can you also confirm your video drivers are up to date? We need to eliminate some things, starting with the most basic - and work our way up from there.

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Here you go @Lexie:

[​IMG]

Interestingly this was taken in Deep Raveswood where ive been for the last hour or so with graphics maxed out and game running as smooth as butter.

As Ive mentioned before, changing the graphics settings doesn't reduce my GPU overhead (always up in the 98-100% playing SOTA), but then the maxed out GPU seems to work fine in some instances and not in others.
    I will have to revisit Tears as Im playing pretty smoothly at the moment and I'll see how it handles it....and report back.

p.s. Let me say that my problems in Tears were a whole different ball game to my stutter on the O.W. and in Towns. The stutter has been there for a long time and is just irritating. The lag in Tears last evening and today made me have to leave.

Also.. I'm starting to wonder if the whole maxed out GPU thing isn't a bit of a red herring. No, its not great it's up in 98/100% range but I've been running around a few instances and now in Dawn's Keep and its super smooth, but still almost maxed out. Baffled :/ .

I was however getting the looting bug constantly in Tears yesterday and too an extent this morning. I was playing solo, not in the multi player Cave, but when I looted, 50% of the time I was getting a window saying 'someone else is looting that Item', which of course was impossible. I am now in Dawn's Keep, no one else is here and it's super smooth. I think Keep Ravenswood has 2 of us in the instance and was also very smooth..

OK, Ive returned to Tears.. There have been between 2 and 3 people in the zone including me for the last 30 mins or so. I'm zipping around, super slick, and not experiencing the looting bug at all. Graphics options are maxed out, GPU is also maxed out but having no impact on performance.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
  4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Video drivers up to date @Lexie and were up to date throughout

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.