Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Harvesting with my combat weapon

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Lars vonDrachental, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

1. Title: Harvesting with my combat weapon
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: I think the trigger is interacting with an usable item while you automatically move into position to harvest. I noticed it in Graff Gem Mine. I wanted to harvest a copper node and was auto moving into position. While still in auto movement (not reached the node) I interacted with one of the lamps. The light turned on but instead of my pickaxe I saw my avatar using my main weapon (vanduul polearm) in the harvest animation.
    This graphic failure does not remain as on next (normal) harvest there was again the pickaxe in the animation. But as I tried it with a node and a nearby lamp again once more my avatar use the polearm in the harvest animation.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Interacting with e.g. a lamp while in harvest-auto-move-mode.
    6. User Specs: Win 10 and I think SotA Build 645

2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

3. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I made a short sketch of the entrance area of graff gem mine. At the red dot it is most easily reproducible as there is often a lamp and a node quite close that you can use the node to start auto move and have time to use the lamp to switch light on.
    Standing at max distance of the node helps as it gives time to use the lamp while you walk automatically.

PS: I would guess using the lamp while in auto movement is resetting a flag that is set by using a node to switch the visuals of weapons with the harvesting tool.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.