Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Hunter in highvale outskirts wont give me quest.

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Mac2, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Hes blue so he has a quest, and when other say help he give them a quest, but wont give me a quest.

2. Engel

Engel Avatar

Same for me and i cant get more quest from Esmeralda

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Mac2
    Please /bug at the location as it greatly helps us research and submit all the proper information in initial investigation phase. As much as I like to think I know SoTA, I often have to rely on those details to gather all the specifics we need in order to address the problem :)
    Thanks!

4. Beli

Beli Avatar

10/10/2017 4:10 PM
    Title: Hunter quest
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: When I do help with him he says no thanks, I have plenty to do myself, but its all a one-man job.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 32732
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 GPU RAM: 2015
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.672.Date.10.04.17
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (-231.3, 50.6, -181.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KC0yMzEuMjY1LCA1MC42MywgLTE4MS44ODIpfCgwLCAtMC4wNjUsIDAsIDAuOTk4KXwtNDA5LjM1MTN8MTkuNjY0OTN8Mw==

FrostII and Mac2 like this.
  5. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

I think we need a little more context, here. Judging from Sven's response above;
    1. Did you ever get and complete Sven's quest to kill the rogue frostgeist kobold, task title "Sven's Blue Beast"?
    Journal entry reads, "A huntsman, by the name of Sven, is holed up in a hunting cabin in the middle of Highvale Outskirts. Evidently, there is an unnatural, glowing, blue beast lurking in the vicinity, scaring away the natural game, and scaring Sven even more. Sven recognized that I was different from the normal humans of the land, so he asked me to find this glowing blue beast and kill it. Doing so will allow Sven to once again practice his trade."

FrostII likes this.
  6. Beli

Beli Avatar

I never was able to get the quest from him, same as @Mac2 and @Engel and now the mirror quest will not clear from my journal even though I have gone thru all 3 of them and the echo ghost will not talk to me, none of them, basically I can not complete any more quest in Highvale outskirts. I dont understand why some ppl can get and complete quest while others can not. Hope you all figure this out one day. Would hate for when we can reset quest and then this same stuff happens.

FrostII likes this.
  7. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

I think I figured out what might have happened with Sven's quest. I'm willing to bet that you killed the wandering frostgeist kobold before speaking to Sven. That would put a flag on you that probably messed things up - totally not your fault, I should have caught that earlier. So I've fixed the flags. The next update should have Sven giving you the quest regardless if you killed the frostgeist kobold before getting the quest. You should get the quest to acquire the kobold's skull for Sven after the next update. Thanks for finding this!

The reason why some people can get a quest and some cannot is because sometimes it's very difficult to pre-plan what people will do in a scene, especially before they even get a quest. Flags are used to track where a person might be within a quest line, but sometimes those flags can be triggered prematurely just based on unpredictable actions by the players. We try to be cognitive of what people will try to do leading up to and during quests, but sometimes we just can't predict everything. That's why I'm always on these forums so I can catch anomalies like this that you, the players, discover.

As for Esmeralda:
    1. Did you find all 4 of the ghostly echos? When you find the 4th one, you can talk to it - doesn't matter what order you find them. Next update there will be Discovery markers that pop up in your compass when you get close to a ghostly echo (~40 meters). I was hesitant to say in the quest text that there are exactly 4 ghostly echos because I thought it would just seem weird that Esmeralda knew the exact number of ghostly echos in Highvale Outskirts. Plus I thought it would be a fun excuse for players to explore and talk to each other to find out who found what, and where.

Ancev and FrostII like this.
  8. Beli

Beli Avatar

@Puuk You were exactly right, I did kill him before talking to the hunter, Ok that explains that, as far as Esmeralda, I did not realize there was 4 of them echos, just found the fourth one, all is good now, . Thank you for your response.

FrostII and Puuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.