Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Immolation

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Kalidorn, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalidorn

Kalidorn Avatar

11/30/2017 9:11 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 12189
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.705.Date.11.22.17
    Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMines
    Area Display Name: Elysium Mines
    Loc: (-15.9, -4.8, 10.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjExX0hpbGxzMDFfRWx5c2l1bU1pbmVzfHwoLTE1Ljg5OSwgLTQuODM3LCAxMC40MTcpfCgwLCAtMC4xODEsIDAsIDAuOTgzKXwtNzI0LjI0M3wzMy40MzAyNHw1LjY0MjI1Ng==

Casting immolation just fine but as the spell triggers no animation for the spell appears in my list of spells it's there but you cant see it active.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Kalidorn
    I don't think I quite understand. I'm seeing the animation trigger when I cast it. Is it the avatar's body animations when casting you are referring to? I'm also seeing the special effects.

3. Kalidorn

Kalidorn Avatar

I would see myself cast the spell and i would see the spell in my list of active spells and anyone near me was on fire. But no fire was around me like normal when i cast the spell.

4. Lexie

Okay, that I'm definitely not seeing. Is this something you can still reproduce now or are you referring to when this was first reported?
    @Kalidorn

5. Kalidorn

Kalidorn Avatar

actually no i went back this morning and it was gone must have been a fluke

Lexie likes this.
  6. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

happens to me a few time when spamming other buffs and lagging, cant find a definite way to reproduce. The animation and SFX of immolation dont appear around my character but I still get the buff and it still does damage, just cant see it visually around the player. Pretty rare occurrence

7. Lexie

@Filter Bubble Algorithm
    Let me know if you find a connection between this and perhaps your PC's memory usage at the time? Particularly if the client has been running for a long time?

8. Kalidorn

Kalidorn Avatar

Well I for one can say when it happened to me my client had been on for a rather long time. I didn't stop see what everything was firing at when it happened sad to say but lately when I've been playing for a while the game crashes when logging out. It did that night when the immolation went funny as well.

9. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Do you happen to use "Celestial blessing" at all? Knowing this could remove a big avenue of testing for me

I had the sneaking suspicion that the 'restart' of the celestial blessing animation could of conflicted with the immolation animation if it happened to happen at the same time. Sometimes, after a while of playing, the Celestial blessing animation would 'restart' on my character (annoying because people can see it even if you are stealthed). If you dont use it at all, I could just scratch that idea out of my head

10. Kalidorn

Kalidorn Avatar

I was running celestial at the time yes.

11. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

@Lexie I've seen this one before too, I think you are along the right lines with memory leak theory.

12. Filter Bubble Algorithm

happened again, and still not sure why;
    Sometimes, the celestial blesssing animation will "stay on" and not go away. Ive noticed that this is when the immolation animation refuses to take hold around the user.
    [​IMG]

I dont know what is causing celestial blessing to constantly be on like this; all I did was switch to friendly player mode with my buffs and when loaded in, the blessing animation activated and stayed on, and when I would cast immolation, it would not show the animation of immolation. Recasting immolation would work after trying again but the celestial blessing still stays on. THis is another bug or not? No idea if its supposed to stay on or not because most of the time, it goes away after about 20 seconds. (Celestial blessing does "re-activate" when someone else comes into view, as if to load the animation for them, Ive noticed this because most of the time, people can see celestial blessing even when in stealth and they see the bubble moving around when I come into range of them.

13. Filter Bubble Algorithm

@Lexie

Just managed to reproduce 5/10 and have nothing to do with celestial blessing, just recast immolation spam may trigger this bug:

Steps:
    1. buff immolation
    2. recast immolation
    3. recast again and again and animation will turn off and on

I tried to reproduce and it stopped happening... just dont get it anymore..

When it stopped happening, I put on celestial blessing and switched to multi, then when loaded in, I cast immolation and it worked, but when I cast it again to overwrite, it made the animation disapear and was able to repro a good 5 times , then switched to friends and tried again and it didnt happen.... switched to multi and failed to occur again..... very strange

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.