Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] lag in ruins of ravensmoor

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Elnoth, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

8/20/2017 5:25 PM
    Title: lag in ruins of ravensmoor
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: I lag in this one scene for some reason. I don't lag in any of the other combat scenes I am in. The lag is represented by lag in loot boxes from fallen mobs, lag in doors opening, even lag in opening my deck builder. The lag is noticeable, from 5 - 15 seconds
    Steps to Reproduce: enter ruins of ravensmoor and it is laggy
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz (12) System RAM: 24566
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6048
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.645.Date.08.03.17
    Area: Dungeon1_DragonBoneCrypt
    Area Display Name: Ruins of Ravensmoor
    Loc: (4.9, -10.0, 40.6)
    Debug: RHVuZ2VvbjFfRHJhZ29uQm9uZUNyeXB0fHwoNC44NjUsIC05Ljk3OSwgNDAuNjMpfCgwLCAwLjM4MywgMCwgMC45MjQpfC0zOTE0LjYyMnwyOC45OTEwMXw0LjY3MDY3OQ==

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I wasn't able to repro this I'm afraid. Is this a re-occurring issue? If so, what kind of troubleshooting have you attempted so far?
    @Elnoth

3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

@Lexie

yes, it is re-occurring issue, and I have this lag on seperate days on seperate trips to this dungeon.

There really is no troubleshooting I can do, performance with regards to lag on opening doors / looting bodies etc is 5-15 seconds in this scene for me, and at a max of 1-2 second in every other scene I have been in (at least a dozen other combat scenes in the last month). I go from ravensmoor where performance is fine, enter the ruins of ravensmoor and performance is bad. I go back out and performance is normal again.

4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Try "friends mode", maybe someone else was the "Master of the Zone" which usualy causes lag for all other players but the Master.

If you were already in "friends mode" then i have no idea :D

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Elnoth There is always troubleshooting that can be done! At least, to isolate what the issue is. I'm not seeing this to be something that affects everyone.
    Update video drivers, play on hard wire vs wireless...lots of things can be done :) Checking for memory leaks (via task manager)
    I also recommend running /debug on the scene to see if any errors pop up. I'd also test with various video settings, fastest, shadows off, etc...just see what may be causing it for you, specifically.

6. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

This is happening to me also. Interacting with things in this scene is REALLY SLOW. This happens 100% of the time I'm in this scene.
    Edit: Didn't report because I figured it would be non-reproducible.

Elnoth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.