Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Large Planting Bed disappeared

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Desire, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desire

Desire Avatar

I began to harvest a large planting bed full of mature cotton plants and the whole bed disappeared. I checked my inventory but it is gone.

Title: Large Planting Bed Disappeared

Reproduction Rate: N/A

Blocker? No. I can play but it takes weeks for my cotton to grow and I am a tailor who needs to pay rent.

Details: I double-clicked on a large planting bed to begin harvesting a full bed of mature plants. However, it turned green like it was being moved and disappeared entirely. I checked my inventory, but I can't find it anywhere. I had 2 of these beds in my basement of my row house in Port Phoenix. It takes weeks for them to grow down there but it supplies a good amount of cotton upon maturity.

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown

User Specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    GE Force GTX 980ti video card

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Desire - Thank you for reporting. Planting beds are labeled as decorations and as such, they also have some of the glitches that other deco items have... namely seemingly disappearing when being moved.

This usually happens when the deco item gets moved into a wall or outside of the lot's property lines.

Sometimes, the item will appear back where it was the next time you log in or enter that scene. Sometimes it gets moved into your inventory upon relogging.

Other times, it sort of gets stuck in the walls and the best way to retrieve it is to go to the lot marker (or basement hatch) and change the house (or basement)... which in turn gives you an option to return all the contents to your bank. If relogging doesn't help you find the missing item, this should retrieve it for you. The bad news is you may have to redecorate the entire house/basement, but you will get your planting bed back.

I would suggest trying to relog first to see if you can find it without the extra hassle.

If you go through all of the above and still can't find your planting bed, then report back here with the /loc of where the bed disappeared from. If you have your Avatar standing at that spot and then type /loc into the chat window, it will add the location info to your computer's clipboard. Then you can just make another post in this thread and ctrl-v to paste it. Or, you can use the "Report Bug" icon in the top-right of your screen in-game and it will copy the location and additional info that may be helpful. Just paste that here instead if you go that route.

Lexie likes this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Daxxe said it wonderfully. Please let us know if it is still missing. Since it may have gone to your inventory it is possible the stage of your plants was interfered with (sorry about that).
    But I believe at this point your issue may be resolved as we have not heard back.

4. Desire

Desire Avatar

It is not resolved... still no bed. Unfortunately I work full time and can not play everyday... hence the delay. I have not reclaimed all the basement's contents. I will do so once all my current plants are harvested. But it is not in my inventory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.