Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed]Launcher - Could not apply patch had to apply from 0 multiple times

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Balec Fares deCani, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

@BurningToad

When R41 first came out...Error during update, could not apply patch, then I hit retry and it downloaded from 0-the current version

Then 595 came out, same thing had to download from 0 again

Then 598 came out, same thing. So I uninstalled, downloaded installer from account page and it loaded 0-595. Then Error during update applying 596.

Win10

PM'd output_log.txt after the first error after full uininstall

Each time, this was the error.
    [​IMG]

Then most recent time I clicked Retry (after uninstall) I got this. Why do the slashes change direction halfway through the path?
    [​IMG]

Manually unzipping 0_595:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Thanks I have forwarded it for review

Do you have any AV products set to "check" downloads etc, that maybe interfering somehow? Do you get the same if you download the torrent manually?

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

My thoughts exactly, Liz. It sounds like an anti-virus program or even a firewall permissions issue in Windows itself....
    You may need to whitelist SotA.
    @Balec Fares deCani

4. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

There were no configuration changes to this PC that coincide with this happening other than the release of R41.

The error shows the CRC check failed which is indicative of a corrupt download, and does not suggest that a file was blocked.

Another thread with a similar issue for this release: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...rded-patcher-crash-error-during-update.87889/

Subsequent patches have applied after I've downloaded this fully for yet another time without any configuration changes. This is a problem with the launcher downloading corrupt version of the patch file and not checking for it and instead downloading the entire game.

Lexie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.