Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Lost Vale Memory Fragment - XP Devotional

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Wazir, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wazir

Wazir Avatar

Hello First of all I want to say I am really frustrated at the moment...

For the past 3days I was counting the timer for lost vale - First day I got the quest from the skeleton... I got the girl to combine the fragments but when I tried to use it at the door.. It did not pass through so I give to the skeleton just when I was doing it again I crashed. Next day my friends wanted to do the cabalist room I crashed... not being able to get the devotional. Today now I am in Lost Vale got all 3 fragments but :( When I talk to the girl child It doesn't combine the fragments. I was mining for 1.5months gathering xp to this day... where I can finally be a crafter I saw this devotional and I said cool I should utilize it! but for 3days I couldn't get in waiting 28 hours in between. At this point I am really sad... I really needed a GM to help me out look in to this so I could finally start my crafting which I lived with the hope for the past 1.5 months... I tried messaging devs a lot on discord sorry If It caused any trouble @Kor I am really sorry to bother you about this also specially when you were busy wasn't my intention you were the only person I knew who could help me ... but hope you can understand my situation.

Update: There might be an issue with the order will try again tomorrow -
    My Thesis
    The Crashes and disconnects in LV were just unlucky( you are having fun with your friends you DC well you are out! hope that system can be fixed!)
    First time you cannot surrender the Vallis (combined fragments) to get the devotional because you have to complete the skeleton quest first (which I have tried to surrender for devotional right away didn't work!) -
    Probably you have to do the rooms in the correct order.. as displayed above the blue mark is still there even thou we did the siege twice! but probably not in correct order so it didnt register for the girl.

What happened to me I waited 84 hours to figure all this out and I got really sad and frustrated along the way. Now I got a chance to try it again following the blue marks! and wait another 28hours... quest for buff didnt end yet!

Wish me luck for tomorrow dear Avatars

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. Wazir

Wazir Avatar

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Wazir
    I'm sorry for the problems. Yes, the crashing I think is unrelated. I was able to complete both the fragment and skeleton quest yesterday on live build.

What does she tell you when you talk to her? Did you try all the keywords? What does your current task say?
    What order did you try to complete the rooms in?

4. Wazir

Wazir Avatar

Lexie you are right the order might be wrong I tried all key words... Current task says relive the siege opalis i will try again tonight but I wish there was a reconnect timer for lost vale like 5minutes... All of this caused me 84 hours of waiting that's why I was frustrated but thanks for the help :) Also I think you cannot get the devotional before the skeleton quest!

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Wazir , I'm having a little trouble understanding where you are in the quest, so let me explain how it's supposed to work and ask some questions afterwards.

Everyone should be warned that the following is big in spoilers.
    1. Talk to the skeleton to start the quest.
    2. Talk to the girl to advance the quest.
    3. Important: The three memories/"side rooms" can be done in any order.
      1. (Opalis)
        1. Talk to Spirit of Knowledge
        2. Successfully complete the Siege of Opalis
        3. Get the Opalis Memory Fragment from Spirit of Knowledge
      2. (Epitaph)
        1. Talk to Spirit of Unity
        2. Successfully complete the Rescue of the Grand Artificer
        3. Get the Grand Artificer Memory Fragment from the Spirit of Unity
      3. (Rescue)
        1. Talk to Spirit of Vigilance
        2. Successfully complete the Fall of the Epitaph
        3. Get the Epitaph Memory Fragment from Spirit of Vigilance
    4. Give the Opalis Memory Fragment, Grand Artificer Memory Fragment, and Epitaph Memory Fragment to the girl and she will give you a Vallis Essentia Memory Fragment.
    5. Give the Vallis Essentia Memory Fragment to the skeleton.
    6. Talk to the girl to wrap up the quest.
    Note that you can only use the Vallis Essentia teleporter (to go to the reward blessing) AFTER you complete the whole quest. The way to get there is described below.

After the quest is over...
    1. Each time you successfully complete a memory, you can ask its spirit for another one of its memory fragments.
    2. Each time you have one of each of the three main memory fragments, you can trade them to the girl for another Vallis Essentia Memory Fragment.
      1. You can use this special memory fragment on the pedestal/teleporter on the ground below her, which will teleport you into the Vallis Essentia area that includes a reward blessing in the center.
    So now I'll try to do some detective work on Wazir's issue.

You're too early. You should complete the quest first before trying to access the special room.

From what you're saying, I think you're stuck on Step 4 from my spoiler list, when she should be accepting your memory fragments.

I see your screenshot confirms that you have one of each of the memory fragments. She should give you a trade window right away, but I guess she didn't.

The next time you talk to her, you can try saying "hello" or "skeleton" to her to try forcing the trade window. Maybe that will help you get that Vallis Essentia Memory Fragment and advance the quest for you. But if that doesn't work, please reply back to this thread with answers to the questions below.
    • Question 1: Can you confirm you never got any trade window from her?
    • Question 2: Can you tell me exactly what she says when you say "hello" to her? (A screenshot would be acceptable.)
    • Question3: Can you tell me exactly what the Lost Vale task says for you to do? (A screenshot would be acceptable.)

Ravenscar, Ben_Hroth, Rentier and 2 others like this.
  6. Wazir

Wazir Avatar

I would like to thank you Lexie and Sannio and All developers who showed care and help in this issue thanks all It really means a lot to me :)

Question 1: I got a trade window when I first completed the skeleton quest I tried the Vallis on the pedestal down stairs from the girl It did not go through (I guess you cant get the devotional while skele quest is up) I completed the skeleton quest.
    That was the first day.
    After that with 3 fragments I did not get a trade window

Sannio tried today again formed a random group with friends the last 5minutes...
    I Only had the Opalis quest up!
    I deleted my opalis fragment before going in to siege we did it it was amazing got opalis fragment! (Quest tag did not go away)
    (I tried to speak with the girl after, didn't work when I had all 3 fragments)
    Next we completed the artificer I deleted my old fragment got a new one after we completed. (Talked to the girl again no change)
    At this point our group left there was another group doing the cabalist luckily. I deleted my fragment got a new one again!

Then I try the girl again no change...
    Now I have the Opalis quest and the Artificer quest lighted up but I did them... a moment ago
    I think I may have got the order wrong but still It got really confusing for me.

At this point I don't know what to do dealing with this took me 112 hours waiting praying not to crash and hoping a group of friends to help me out. I deleted all 3 fragments in the screenshot(previous one) still the girl will not take the new 3 fragments. The problem is Lost Vale is every 28 hours and I was itching to start crafting using this great bonus to help me save my ingots a little boost :) ! However I was unsuccessful I posses 3 fragments now...

Question 2 is below a screen shot

Question 3 Enter Opalis Rescue artificer is still up in the compass, I already completed the quest (like I said didn't mean to complete the quest just wanted the devotional, but didn't let me use the pedestal with the Vallis combined fragment)

I thank you again for your interest I really want the devotional still... but I also have school these hours and constantly waiting 28 hours to try the quest has become really tiring for me.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  7. Wazir

Wazir Avatar

8. Wazir

Wazir Avatar

9. Sannio

Thanks for the extra information. We're having some trouble trying to pinpoint the issue, but we're still looking into your situation!

Rentier likes this.
  10. Sannio

@Wazir I found the problem.

She's not offering to combine the 3 fragments when you first talk to her like she's supposed to. However, there's a second option you can use until I fix the first one. Say "memory fragment" to the girl in Lost Vale and I think you'll get the trade window where you can give your 3 memory fragments to her and she'll give you a Vallis Essentia fragment, and then you can use that Vallis fragment to get into the valley with the reward blessing.

Please let me know if this works for you! I'm on pins and needles waiting for your reply!

Aldo and Rentier like this.
  11. Wazir

Wazir Avatar

Sannio thanks a lot! Lost Vale hours a bit off for me this week :) but will check it right away when I get the chance (I kinda remember writing memory fragment etc It didnt go through but I cannot remember clearly) :)

Sannio and Olthadir like this.
  12. Wazir

Wazir Avatar

IT WORKEDDDDDDDD IT WORKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! Thank you :)))))) wow wow got my crafting up it really helps a lot!

[​IMG]

Sannio likes this.
  13. Sannio

Huzzah! Congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.