Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] MAGE My character damage seem to be cutted a lot

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Wextel, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Hi all, i don't know why cause i didn't read in any patch anyway here is the problem;

My character have about 176 int full buffed and its a mage, but when i try to do damage on players, dummy and now even humanoi NPC i'm just ridicolous; On player i can't do more then 95 crit damage, on mob with fireball at 100 and my stats, 183 attunment in 2 hours highest crit was 130 vs the 320 of the past. When i heal myself even with my int and skill level i heal muself like my warrior that have 30 int and the skills at lvl 40...

All my attunment seem also to be lowered a lot, in schools where i spent more then 600 points i have 30-40 attunment, so really don't have a clue about and don't even know how to describe well and more all that, i tried out pvp and pve and seem in the last 2 days something as been changed dramatically.

P.S: Fire even is the most expensive experience school is not even close to be competitive against other schools due to his mechanics.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You have 176 intelligence fully buffed? Even with armor enchantments that sounds really high. Can you explain how you're getting it to 176?

The largest change to magic occurred when they began averaging out attunement with the highest 10 spells you have in that magic school. So for Fire, you'd take the 10 highest spells you've trained and average that out to get your base fire attunement. But you're saying your fire attunement is 183?

Do you have screen shots you could share? Something's not adding up.

3. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

The numbers are not hard to get with almost all fire skills at 100 and attunement and int on gear.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

With the introduction of R44 -

• Attunement Changes: Attunement calculations for magic schools has been updated to only take the top 10 highest skills into account. This will address attunement conflicts caused by adjustments or additions to skills in trees.
    But that doesn't explain why this is happening in the last 2 days. Check all your gear, make sure nothing is broken, and check anything that may have changed with your character as of late. Perhaps an artifact has a big negative in red text that was previously overlooked? You don't have any death penalty debuffs or anything on your avatar?

5. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

@Lexie @Baron Drocis Fondorlatos
    [​IMG]

With any school, any attunment setup i do i can't go over 120 crit, before i can crit about 350 with same spells, so something must have changed or i have some bug on my character. I use a full fire dec, how can be possible my highest fireball crit is 120 on mob where usually i was doing 350+? And i don't speak how much i'm useless in pvp without can use spell that block the target due to the attunement change. And another thing is, ok u did that change how can be possible i heal like my warrior with 40 int and 40 in heal skills?

N.B. My gear is NEVER broken:)

P.S. The attunment affect just active glyph or even passive?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  6. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

BTW Imho it defenitely was need to be nerfed if you doing 350+ instant damage by fireball with 860 points in fire school and 100 in fireball :D

7. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

On evry boss i do ZERO, can do just trolls and it do those kind of damage just on certain mobs the other 70% take no damage from fire or have high fire resist but ok... so yes fire is really to imba, and pvp clearly overpowered, with a ice Arrow without my int and attun people do 300 but u are right, clear and smooth. And target with fireball is really wonderfull, is the best play ever, even a cotton can don't let u cast spell, even a little rock or terrain not flat... but yes is really really OP, and ye a skill that cost 4 milion more XP VS skills that have not all those troubles and cost 1,2 milion exp.... clearly was neeeded a nerf. And i will not mention the cast time against other istant or 1 sec cast spells... really today you WON @Spinok .

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    weryhard likes this.
  8. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Hey take it easy ) my highest school in magic is fire I know all those problems... just think that spell that have over time dmg could make a bit less instant dmg.

9. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

I take it easy, but if in the while i cast a fireball a 1 sec spell that cost no reag , that cost a third of exp, do 500 damage in 2 hit, with my fireball that cost reag 2 scc cast and a huge amount exp, i can't really find a clue about what you are saying, even cause ok i do AOE and i'll hit about 3 target average each time, but on a 590 hp mob, even with the fire dot, it will take about 8-10 sec nuke those mobs and for sure i will not just cast the fireball and wait, with the famous Arrow from any other skill tree in the while i nuked the 3 mob in 6-7 sec. So maybe say it should not do 350 on first hit with my gear (average cost of my build?!) but yeah i should not have results from my build, skill level, attunment etc. i must nuke mobs like who have a base gear, a skill that cost a third with 1 sec cast time that do more damage then me and farm faster then me, it's fair indeed.

bigta1982 likes this.
  10. weryhard

weryhard Avatar

Are u joking??? Do 180+ int and %70 of skill 100 in same school then if its too much op for you and see is if this much easy.Also in every new patch u'll find urself in a bugpool.its the only destiny of the fire magicians.I nearly cant farm since 1 week.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    belijaal likes this.
  11. weryhard

weryhard Avatar

Fireball is the wrost skill ever in fire.with this cast time and travel speed u cant hit anything instead of something that stands

belijaal likes this.
  12. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Good AOE skill for pve, I used fireball in elisium and my record is 413 ore per hour. Also you can move while casting, also great in DRW, over time damage also stack 3 times, great combo with ring of fire(one of the best skill for aoe pve ever). Yes its need some tactics for good usage of it (almost as any tree) Also i used IMHO in my post if you didnt noticed. Its my opinion and i can live with it. And you say it like a fact, and its not even close to the fact, its NOT TRUE at all.
    You say like it smth that very hard achieve, its not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.