Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Missing/Moved Decorations ....but not really?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by kaeshiva, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Earlier we had a bit of a scare because of this, first time we have seen this happen. I'm reporting this on behalf of Scoffer because he says "I explain it better."

I'll try to list every step of what happened for completeness:

Scoffer logged on and saw that many decorations were 'missing' in his Inn. More worrying, is there was a pile of items on the front porch, impossibly placed, all occupying the same place but all stacked on top of one another (overlapping). Because these two houses are used as the "crafting museum" he went next door to the main museum, and several items were missing throughout the house.

Our first thought was checking the deco log, no one had moved anything in four days but the items only appeared missing yesterday on either property, (the only deco log entries were Scoffer's).. However, the items went more recently than the last deco log entry and nobody has access to these lots that isn't 100% trusted besides.

Frantically he checked his bank to see if somehow it had gotten dumped there, but no, the items were just 'missing'.

This didn't explain the impossibly stacked items on the front porch right next to the markers, either.

In particular, a "small bag" called "Jewelry Display Placeholder" which was part of the enchanting display in the Inn building was in the impossible-front-porch stack. Scoffer "touched" this (wiggled it with his mouse). This bag contained 16 necklaces, 2 of each element, showing the different elemental enchant possibilities.

This seemed to only affect items that were placed on walls or on top of furniture, and it did it selectively, some items on tables were fine, others were cleaned off but the tables themselves were still there.

After a survey of the house noticing whole rooms of furniture missing, or items missing from tabletops in most cases, Scoffer relogged.

Once he logged back in everything was right back where it should be, so clearly it was a case of things having not loaded but in a strange and selective way.

HOWEVER,

The "Jewelry Display Placeholder" bag, that he touched when it was in its weird impossible stacked position, is missing.

A count of all containers in the house only comes up with 40, but the decoration mode menu says 41, so it seems that the bag is "in the house somewhere" but a thorough survey of every floor and even the rooftop from neighbouring houses does not show it.

Scoffer tried putting the house into magic movers and taking it out again to see if that would fix it, but it did not.

I expect we will have to bank dump the entire house to locate the missing bag, and we've learned the lesson that if this weird load/sync issue happens again DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING but I wanted to report it as a bug in case anyone else experiences this.

Location of the house in question that has a bag 'somewhere' in it
    Area: Rinzai (POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Rinzai) Loc: (23.2, 38.0, 54.7) DBG: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxSaW56YWl8KDIzLjIyNiwgMzguMDQyLCA1NC43MjIpfCgwLCAtMC43MTksIDAsIDAuNjk1KXw2MjguMDM1OHwyNi41NjMyMXwyLjk0ODc2NQ==

We are far too tired to bankdump and redecorate tonight, but I will update this if the bag does not turn up when we do so.

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

for one missing bag contacat their support (missing items is their special voodo) here
    customer support at support@portalarium.com. they help a lot of people missing items inhouse

Serafina likes this.
  3. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@kaeshiva Like @Rentier said, please have Scoffer contact me at support@portalarium.com and have him list some of the items in the bag. Listing unique items are particularly helpful, especially if there are 41 bags on the lot.

Thanks!

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.