Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Mobs targeting through walls

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Tiina Onir, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

1. Title: Mobs targeting through walls
    2. Reproduction Rate: not completely sure, multiple times though.
    3. Blocker? Probably?
    4. Details: This is distinct from mobs shooting through walls after they've seen you. This is them "seeing" and targeting you, despite there being a wall there. Sorry I don't have the output from loc.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
      1. Go to spectral mines.
      2. Kill everything in the first room
      3. mine around the first room
      4. eventually something will target you (and start shooting) from the other side of the wall)
    6. User Specs:
    Microsoft Windows 10.0.10240 Pro
    Intel Core i7-4790K
    RAM 16 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (driver 382.05)
    Samsung SSD 840 PRO (238.47GB​

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I have always found it hard to clear the first room without clearing the second room behind it. There are a few mobs that are on the left - almost between the rooms - and then their friends (behind the wall) will come out to help as you approach to kill those. Because of that, this will be tricky to report without the loc. Did the mobs run towards you or did they just say on the other side, shooting through the wall?

You may find it easier to do a /bug in game in the future. It will copy that location and even open a forum brower link for you :)
    @Tiina Onir

3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

It's hard to say how exactly they behaved, as I had no line of sight on them what-so-ever. To be clear, nothing I could see was targeting me, fire arrows were just coming out of the wall at me. At which point I ran around the wall to engage them (while they could and were hitting me, I couldn't even target them). Initially I thought it was a mob stuck in the wall. I can try and reproduce again tonight.

Lexie likes this.
  4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Spectral Mine -98.6, -14.5, -148.9

It didn't do it this time, but it may be that the spawner behind the wall just hadn't spawned. I know that's the right spot though, because there's an ore node there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.