Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]Movement: Constant/Instant crash on camera movement (Mouse/rotate)

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Leiioo, Sep 3, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leiioo

Leiioo Avatar

1. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    2. Blocker? Yes.
    3. Details: Everything works fine, I can load into the game and move with WASD keys as normal, and loading zones works as well. But whenever I try to move the camera, be it with the mouse or the Rotate keys, my game freezes and crashes. The issue arose a month or so ago, haven't been able to play at all because of it
    4. Steps to Reproduce:
      1. Log into SOTA Multiplayer
      2. Load into world
      3. Walk a couple of steps
      4. Attempt to manipulate camera with mouse or rotate keys
      5. [Crash]
    5. User Specs:
      Device: HP EliteBook 8470p
      CPU: Intel Core i7-3520M CPU @ 2.90 GHz (2 cores)
      RAM: 16GB
      DirectX version: DirectX 12
      GPU: AMD ATI Radeon HD 7570M (No switchable graphics)
      VRAM: 1004 MB
      (Drivers updated to try to solve crashes, didn't help)

Pastebin link to output_log: https://pastebin.com/VqUaZ50a

Pastebin link to sota_log: https://pastebin.com/iJFAQrLj

2. Leiioo

Leiioo Avatar

Had this issue for over a month now. Wish I could play. Any fix for this?

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this much difficulty playing our game. :( Has the client ever worked for you, or have you always experienced this crash? Have you adjusted any of the video settings from the menu to see if it's possible a setting could resolve the problem? Possibly unchecking all unnecessary video options? Playing on Fastest settings? Fullscreen vs windowed? Perhaps if the game can run through client or through Steam?

This isn't a common issue, which is why I'm interested in running a full battery of tests to see what might point us in the right direction for us to look into further.

I assume you have attempted a full reinstallation of the client as well?

Aldo likes this.
  4. Dancekid

Dancekid Avatar

Hello,
    i got an HP Elitebook 8570p equipped with same grafix AMD HD 7570m. Release 44 worked fine. Now i have same freezes as mentioned above.

tried: full screen mode, fastest grafix, unticked all in grafix-options.... everytime i rotate my game freezes.

greetings dance

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Dancekid
    There could be a few things that could help. The first I would try is a full uninstall and reinstall. Check for video driver updates, although you probably have. Perhaps see if you can play from a different Windows sign in account on that same machine, just to see if it works. I find starting broad then going down the list of basic troubleshooting can ensure possible solutions are not overlooked while eliminating other possibilities along the way.

I also suggest trying different camera settings in the Video option, and changing camera angles with V (default shortcut). Even if they don't solve the issue the behavior you see may give clues on where to look further.
    I did some searching and I couldn't find any other posts quite like this (in case they had found a solution, I was looking for that) but I think I found your prior post under a different forum name as the specs are an exact match. So at this point, I don't think we've found a second case like yours yet :/

6. Dom John

Dom John Avatar

@Lexie
    Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm experiencing this exact bug in the current official launch version. It crashes whenever turning the camera at a reasonably fast speed. Screen goes black, goes to desktop, then screen becomes white and I see this error:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
    Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Screen stays white, I can still hear music and SFX. Upon clicking the screen it either stops responding or gives me this crash info:

If there's somewhere better to post this, let me know. I just figured it'd be helpful here as this is the only other instance I've seen of this game breaking bug that can hopefully be squashed!

I have a hunch it could be something to do with camera culling, given it's based on view turn speed. I can pan the camera very slowly and stay in game.

Thanks!
    -Dom

EDIT: Have posted this in latest release bug report forum as well :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.